CFP 3.0.10.238 BETA - Questions about how it works[CLOSED]

what is with the sending files? it should be more organized or something. it keeps sending files off and on and sometimes they are the same files. what actually does most of that mean? status say’s new or deleted etc. to who is it new or deleted etc. what do you do with them. it seems to want to send the same files over and over. it’s very distracting and annoying. there needs to be clarification when you take a certain action.

do you have incremental updates? when a bug or feature is changed and/or added can we get the update?

Nope, that doesn’t exist. The only ‘update’ that’ll fix bug and/or add new features is when a new release of CPF3 is avaliable for download. There’s probably going to be safelist database updates in the final version of CPF3.

Ragwing

I’m new to Comodo and have hit my 1st problem…

Comodo is blocking my Xbox 360 from connecting to my pc in media center mode. I found an old guide on how to allow the ports but this new beta seems different.

Anyone explain how to do it in the beta please?

that’s too bad i would be nice

‘Cancel’ tells the FW that you can’t be bothered with chosing whether to allow/block/treat as right now. Still, the FW needs to act on the event somehow, and you just effectively told it ‘decide yourself’. Guess it then falls back to the most core and default rule there is, and if this needs to be hard-coded, I’d rather it be ‘block’ decision. No idea if v3.0.10 is working as designed here tho :stuck_out_tongue:

OK, I understand that, but it should only be blocked for a single instance and disregard the “remember my answer” if it happens to be checked. If I hit cancel, I don’t want a rule being created for that alert.

Al

Now that’s another story, ‘remember my action’ checkbox doesn’t look like it is related to the ‘cancel’ button, and it shouldn’t be related to it in any case. Just checked it, and we do have this problem. Guess a bug report is in order.

I installed the Beta Verison but I keep on getting an Report From CA Anti Virus Saying there is a Virus,

I’ll get the log soon,
but what could it possibly mean for CPF??

Maybe this is a dumb question, but does Comodo protects host file under C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc from being modified ?

Thank you!

In the default settings, Comodo V3 protects all files under C:\Windows\system32 folder/sub folders.

I’m running Comodo beta x64 3.0.9.229, I am wondering if I have to uninstall first to upgrade to the latest beta, or what? Thanks for any help.

Hi Comp01, welcome to the forums.

Yes, you should. This is because during alpha/beta testing the structure of data (registry or file) may change & thus be incompatible with a previous version. Also I feel that I must point out that the 3.0.10.238 64bit release is not for Intel CPUs (AMD64 only).

Sigh…:frowning:

I only WISH I could test 3.0.10.238…I still can’t get it to install and give me a proper GUI to work with. I had to go back to 3.0.8.214 since 3.0.9.221 also installs a useless GUI. I have no access to any of the config buttons on the right side as the GUI is seemingly stretched to around a 4000 pixel interface on a 1680 pixel screen. (see screenshot in THIS Post

I’ve noticed only a couple of others who had this same problem, with no real replies or fixes. It’s not because of 120DPI as some have thought, I thoroughly tested that and it makes no difference. Plus older Beta’s install fine, it’s just the latest 2 that show this behavior for a very select few of us (so far).
I’ve tried numerous configuration changes, new downloads of CFP exe, a (small) decompile of the exe resources to see if I could adjust the default GUI install size but it must be deeper than I’m willing to go. I only fully decompile malware apps since I don’t consider them legally protected from reverse engineering :wink:

I do hope egemen or any developers are looking at this one. Even tho it’s a very few of us with that issue, there must be something in the installation routines that causes this, since all other beta’s worked fine on the same setup.

Thx again to any who take the time to ponder this one.

Dave

i read some of these and it’s funny. i had the fortunate/unfortunate opportunity to flush and fill my pc and install cfp latest beta and i can’t believe how good it works. i know i already said this but wow. you guys have a great product so far. really can’t wait for at least a rc.

Hello,

I am running your comodo firewall pro 3 beta 4 and i am wondering do i need to disable UAC (User Account Control too)?

I already disabled vista firewall… i only just installed vista yesterday. So do I need UAC?

tks

josh

Hello,

I personally have not disabled UAC in my Vista Ultimate install, however I do get popups every now and then asking about Comodo, but I simply allow it. Anyways if you like the UAC feature I would leave it on for now, if it bugs you then feel free to disable it, other then asking about Comodo Firewall once in a while I think it should be fine.

Justin

Dave, you probably have your display DPI set to “large size” (120dpi) or a custom DPI setting larger than 96 DPI. Apparently, this version of the beta does not support large size dpi settings. I hope this gets fixed in a future version. To correct this go to your Control Panel-display-settings-advanced and reset your your dpi to normal size (96 dpi). Your icons and text will appear a little smaller on your screen but this will correct the problem your having with CFP’s screen truncation. Worked for me, good luck.

thank you for the answer.
Should I check the “Disk” under Monitoring areas for Defence + for this to happen ?

Using the new firewall beta (WIN XP MCE SP2 & updates):
I have been getting reports of “new” .ddl’s showing up in the C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Local Settings\Temp folder. Apparently some software writes .dll’s to that folder and deletes them after use. I thought that there was a Rootkit stealthing the .ddl’s, but after a couple of days of searching for rootkits, I don’t believe that there is one present. It is a bit unnerving to see .ddl’s with random names showing up there on the Firewall report and not being able to trace them. It would be more reassuring if these .dll’s parents (or the software creating them) were identified in the report.