CFP 3.0.10.238 BETA - Questions about how it works[CLOSED]

Well what else would you expect from a memory-resident security program? Just run there and wait for every other program to come nicely asking for permissions? :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: smiley…

This solely depends on what those programs are. Generally they are removed from that list when:
a) their files are deleted (still needs manual Purging)
b) user deems them safe and removes them manually
c) they are sent to Comodo for review, reviewed, and are deemed safe (haven’t seen this yet)

Thanks.
Most are deleted and a few are new.
I have sent to Comodo for review.
I am advised that there is one suspicious file—Sabbho.dll.
What should i do next?
Regards

Are you using Super Ad Blocker ???

This legitimate BHO (SABBHO.dll) is related to Super Ad Blocker

From here :

If you don’t use Super Ad Blocker the file could be malware related, and you should upload the file to http://virusscan.jotti.org and/or http://www.virustotal.com for analisis.

Greetz, Red.

im sorry, i just dont know what it means…18 entries in red letters…its nothing then?

Yes,i am using Super AdBlocker.A very useful program.
What next please?
Philip

If you can’t currently interpret the results you get from running RRHA, your first task would appear to be educating yourself in that software’s functionality. Harsh but true.

looks like step b) from above for sabbho.dll then, no? ;))

Sorry.i am not with you.
Would you mind explaining?
Thanks

if you believe sabbho.dll is a part of Super Ad Blocker, which you use, and you believe that program safe, then you may safely remove sabbho.dll from watch list manually

I’m obliged
Thankyou

Thankyou for your patience but it is the only way i can see to learn about this brilliant firewall.
That just leaves the 59 files waiting for review.Most of which are deleted but there are a few which are new and one which is modified.
Do i remove the deleted ones and leave the rest or can i remove all?
Thanks again.

Use the Purge button to get rid of files that are delete
Then use the lookup button.
Then it offers to submit files that are unknown.
Then move any files you consider safe to your safe list and then delete the rest.
Dennis

Hello,

Since I am only the beta 3.0.10.238 installed, and now know, with this beta version of the update does not work. :THNK

My question, if sometime now, a new beta or release candidate comes out, I must now so the new version via setup. Staying in the attitudes and shares my current version? ???

Or everything must be re-set and configure? :THNK

Best Regards Kurt

Thanks.
I am most grateful

Hola Kurt

So far when updating the betas it has been neccesary to remove and reload
I did manage to transfer my network security policy but it caused some buggy behavior So I am going to end up doing a format and restore.

In other words at least for the Betas it is recomended to start from scatch
You have to follow egemens sugestions but unti the final relaease there ar no guarantees

It´s a good training experiance

OD

One of the joys of using a Beta is, you get to play from new each time. ;D

If you are really lucky you get to play with the registry or install drivers. :smiley:

Dennis

I have I suspect a fairly simple question that I hope someone can answer for me. If I have configured RDP in Vista x64 to run on say port 567, how do I configured CFP to allow traffic through? I’ve had a go but it’s not working.

Thanks.

I know you are not supposed to double post but I ran across this in the Leaktest section that had no reply. Its the first time I saw it.

How about it egemen how well does CFPV3 deal with LSPs

Hi,

It is going to catch LSP installations before they can give any harm.
Registry monitoring will catch it. “Protected Key Access” type alerts will show up.

Egemen