best antivirus? [merged]

Well, of course it is possible for one antivirus to pick up a virus other antiviruses missed. At one point i went overboard with the protection too.

Now i run:

AV: NOD 32 (will never switch)
AS: Spysweeper
Firewall: Zonealarm

All my computers run the same set up, except my vistas run COMODO firewall.

My combination : Avira Antivir Premium + CFP
… If u want free then go in for Avira free edition, And use BOclean too. :■■■■

I just wanted to know which anti virus program you think is best.

Uh oh this topic is going to be heated.

I say NOD32.

Oh yeah ! :smiley:

I say - Kaspersky and BitDefender. Free - Avira

If there were no free antivirus available and no cracks for them I would choose BitDefender, cos it’s cheap, has free 24/7 support and good detection rates plus future potential :slight_smile: Oh, and it’s light on resourses too :slight_smile: My 2 cents :smiley:

P.S. NOD 32 is ■■■■ (heat please) ;D

P.S.P.S. But I will wait for Comodo AV :slight_smile: Maybe it won’t be as good as others from the start but later on… (R)

I believe Avast 4.7 and 4.8 Home Edition are GREAT and free ;D . Avast has saved me a few dozen times.

Avira Premium. Its always scores in the top 3 if not top 2 of any av test around. AV Comparatives gave it at 99.6 right behind Trustport with 99.8. I was a big fan of NOD32 and 2 hours with Avira and I was a changed man. I ran NOD32 for a year both version (2.7 and 3.0). Never anything found which is good. I installed Avira Premium and ran a full scan and it found a “magic.dll” trojan laying around that I never knew about. I uploaded it to Virustotal just to double check it and it was a nasty one. Glad I switched. Also Avira is alot lighter.

What is the best is often forbidden question in forums.

The best is, what creates the least flamewar after claiming it is the best (:LGH)

The best is what best fits your needs, no simple answer.

I agree. I currently use Avast but do my on-demand scans with other antiviruses. I have Kaspersky on one of my machines but I’m always trolling the web for a new free antivirus alternative while I wait for CAVS 3 to come out.

Currently, eagerly waiting for Avast 4.8 to be released.

Below is what I’m currently running but if anyone has suggestions for additons to my security setup, that would be appreciated.

P.S. Also waiting for the newest version of SpywareTerminator 2.2 to come out.

XP Pro fully updated
Comodo Firewall Pro 3
Avast 4.7
Comodo BOClean

To possibly simplify this more, what would be an anti virus program that does not require much memory and does a good job.

Choose from Avira and Avast. :slight_smile: (AVG is an option too)

Avira is very light Right now its only using 18K with all its services as I type.

I installed Avira on my sisters PC and she hadn’t ran into my room screaming - somethin’s wrong with my laptop !!! for 4 months. ;D

Now to finally collect everyone’s opinion in one bundle for me and anyone who is reading quietly, I will have a poll. Sorry if you feel I am being a bit redundant (you don’t have to vote).

I have been using AVAST for about 7 months with absolutely no problems. I am using 4.8 beta and again, no problems. Just my two cents.

Good luck.

Thank you all for helping and voting (:CLP)

Can’t say it is bud. :wink:

I voted Kaspersky. The question was which is most “popular” (not the best). I had a bad experience with a product that was Kaspersky related–NEVER AGAIN. NOD is good, Avast is good (but all the features seemed a little “busy” for my needs). I am currently running Avira Free. Lightweight, yet effective. Keeping a close eye out for CAVS release.

(R)

Heat ? 88)

There is a new product in the market! See this topic.

A different approach. ;D

aXes

Well said there! (:LGH)

Asking which AV is the best will always guarantee to provoke debate.A lot of people are as protective of their favourite AV as if it was their own child.My personal preference is Avira and don’t anybody dare say otherwise (:LGH)