Are we going to release v3 next tuesday 20th Nov or not? [Closed]

that you can bet on!

There will always be bugs, whether its final or not! The platform on which software runs on is a fluid/dynamic platform. New machines, new software, new this, new that. And doing a final launch (of course in no way final means it wont be fixed… of course it will be patched very quickly for any bugs) will bring new bugs, cos it will be used by a much wider user base.

thanks

Melih

Honestly, i hope not, and voted no. This looks negative, but that’s not my aim. This is my favourite firewall, so i prefer to be honest.

I think a real RC should be out before. A RC for me is exactly that, a version that could possibly be regarded as a final release. So it serves the purpose of testing what the developers think is final, stable and bug free. RC1 was not a RC in my own personal opinion.

Eventually i know CFP will be great. You have some fine developers, that i know :slight_smile:

One question: is there a list of CFP 3 's features?

We’ll all find it in the CFP 3 documentation (help file, manual, etc.) I bet.

is there a such thing?

A release version would look a little odd without it. So, I guess there must be. Historically, Comodo do not include the help/documentation until the testing is finalised (ie. the software is released)… for rather obvious reasons.

Oh, well, back to the topic, I do think they shouldnt unless tested and proven Stable Without any Major Bugs or Errors, and have a Emergency response kinda team that if the Firewall is having a little glitch they can fix it or at least give an solution and update it Immediately World Wide,
(R)

Thanks Soya.

Indeed!

The whole operations and firewall team will be working extra hours and watching the whole thing very closely!

Imagine the load the update will cause on our servers!! So everyone is ready!

Melih

lol, It’s like the Day before War, everyone has their Focus on us and yet we are waiting for the command to get CPF 3, I wonder how many people will be updating to CPF 3 within one hour??
or maybe a day??

Melih do you have like a picture or at least description of Comodo Labs and what it looks like because I seen Norton’s Security Lab (a picture) because my uncle worked their and still does, but he might be looking for somewhere better?? (Catch my lil drift)

I personally am looking forward to the final release. Comodo has grown on me over time, and in my opinion is more stable than a certain newly release firewall product!

Question if I may - If I was to install RC1, will that need to be un-installed prior to the install of the final release or will it install over RC1? Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Yes, no, and yes again.

The installer will automatically detect your current BETA and launch its uninstall. Once that is completed, you must restart your computer. You will have to run the installer again after that and it will install itself. So it doesn’t upgrade, but it won’t let you do a mistake by installing over it either. A total of two restarts are performed.

And then the third “yes”, because it will leave you with TWO entries in add/remove programs - one for the BETA and one for the RC1. Whichever of them you run they will uninstall the currently-installed RC1.

he he :slight_smile:

Well the command center is run from offices with Manhattan views from Jersey city :slight_smile:

and we have R&D centers around the world picking the best guys to do job.

Melih

??? so far we have more “NO” than “YES”.
well guys, IF CFP3 is released on 20th nov, you can get in line behind me.

Huh so far we have more "NO" than "YES". well guys, IF CFP3 is released on 20th nov, you can get in line behind me.

That’s only if you’re at the front :wink:

I wonder if that guy come back again - seen last time before 2.4 was released :THNK - with that promissed 100$ (or was that 1000$?) if you release the firewall in time ;D.

Oh well, so when the firewall is ready, it’ll be ready. However, at first, it will not contains tools to either localize the firewall itself or to make changes of colors, etc. I hope we can get a good help file as well, so i can start to explain for the users how the firewall is working and where they can find informations.

Arki

I’m fine with the current skin (I managed to survive that green olive stripe) but if the skin enable to add few more buttons (eg one for the active connections) or menu and group functions using Common tasks and adwanced instead of firewall/D+ I’ll give it a try.

Perhaps Melih means that RC-2 will be released and is confident that it will be good enough to be the actual final version??

:SMLR

Today’s the last day! So what is the verdict Melih?

They got more than a day, cause they aren’t working with EU time zone :P. It’s only 14pm here, so they can have around 33 hours ;).

No.

I cann’t set a rule to block creating Exe file in ‘temporary internet files’ folder.

I don’t know why CPF doesn’t protect it , because it a temp folder?