A free online file verdict service “Valkyrie” is formally released today!

great catch! this is a great addition to valkyrie. maybe we will see the new version soon
great job comodo!

wow the advanced heuristics can even catch .doc exploits

https://valkyrie.comodo.com/Result.html?sha1=d563029a2dfe3cfcddc7326b1b486213095e58e5&&query=0&&filename=laden''s%20death.doc

i didnt even know there were such thing

If I am not mistaken, Ad heuristics always say that file is a malware, when CAV catches it :slight_smile:
I was always wondering why Advanced heuristics was so good, when file has high detection on VT, and almost never alarms when file is fresh and new >:-D

are you sure about this?

i always see different combinations of malware verdict from advanced heuristics when its detected by cav. i dont think you are correct.

here is an example of cav detecting but not adv. heuristics
https://valkyrie.comodo.com/Result.html?sha1=f40e73d1e0431f1f676cf369b6e46ce19f00bb98&&query=0&&filename=Webcam.exe

and i dont think its a FP lol

Ok :slight_smile:
But i have made a test - analyze the sample with valkyrie, (ad heuristics didn’t say that is a malware) and then reanalyze few days later - ad heuristics said that is malware. That is interesting.

that is indeed interesting

when did you do these test?
there was a good chunk of time where the advanced heuristics werent working and would time out a lot

that seems to be fixed now

I thought the Advance Heuristics component was meant to learn and be adaptive (wasn’t AI-like mentioned?). Doesn’t that fit, exactly, with what you have observed?

if that is true then wow thats new to me. i didnt know they worked that way

Perhaps, then it’s cool.

Yesterday I sent app. 80 suspicious files to Valkyrie…most of them were detected as malware… :-TU
Today I have a schedule for new 250 pieces…just do it, guys… :wink:

EDIT: Valkyrie Uploader doesn’t work for me…it just opens browser page with empty verdict fields. ???

the uploader tool hasnt worked for me for a while now

i hope comodo either fixes the uploader tool or releases a new one soon cause its really annoying to upload one file at a time

C’mon guys… :-X

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ok…2 months have passed…can we have some updated info about new hardware and detectors?

Yesss… I understand that there is a lot of work on android security/cloud AV… but 1 reply from comodo won’t hurt :P0l

Fanny can you give us an update about valkyrie and if possible can we get some info on security for android?

i understand that there is a lot of work on the valkyrie servers but Melih says to ask you about it

One thing that I’ve noticed sometimes happens…but it could be my virtual machine… :-\

When analysis of the file is over I often get Normal Auto Result.
Then I press “Advanced Heuristics” tab and wait…after some time it turns out to be malware/suspicious.

There should be no delay and Auto Result should wait for Advanced Heuristics to finish its analysis before it gives me final verdict.

Has anyone experienced this behavior?

i have but im not going to say anything until i see the next version of valkyrie. i know they have been doing work on the valkyrie servers so i think once that is complete there will be no pause like that.

its just discouraging cause we havent heard from Fanny in a while

mod edit: typo. kail

Hi, our lovely guys,

Sorry for my late reply! First of all, pls allow me to express my deep appreciation of your concerns to our product(s) and to myself. Thank you again.

(1) For further improvement of Valkyrie, including the uploader, actually we have being busy for the design & development of totally new product “COMODO Cloud Antivirus”. It is now still under development. Once it is ready to be unveiled, I will at first time let you guys know. For this point, thanks again for your supports.

(2) For COMODO Mobile Security (CMS) on Android, it’s now at last refining phase. It is coming soon. Let me share some info of coming CMS with you guys. Pls take a look at the attached screen shots. We will have a small “new products release conference” to forum users introducing the functionalities of CMS. Hopefully, CMS can have a meet with you guys as well as other forum users coming November.

How can I express my thanks to you in word! The only way is to produce and develop excellent products to repay you guys’ continuous concerns and kind supports. Thanks so much again!

Warmest regards.

Yours,
                                                                                                             Fanny

[attachment deleted by admin]