Crystal Security

Crystal Security is cloud based system to detect, stop and remove malicious programs from your computer. Our technology provides fast detection against malware and give you the control to let you know about changes on your computer real time. Program is fully manageable and easy to use.

Features

¤ Cloud-based malware detection
¤ Easy to use, user-friendly interface
¤ Whitelist/Blacklist system
¤ Automatic/Manual updates
¤ No installations, just download and use
¤ Easy configuraton settings
¤ Supports multiple languages

Compatibility: Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, Server 2003, Server 2008 32/64-bit

Crystal Security 3.0.0.56 BETA Released [May 11th, 2013]

Changelog:

New

¤ Real-Time Engine A (VirusTotal)
¤ Real-Time Engine B (Comodo File Intelligence)

Improved

¤ Checkup
¤ Updater system

Updated

¤ Notification area

Fixed

¤ Several bugs

Download: http://www.crystalsecurity.uk.to/downloads/Crystal%20Security%203.0.0.56.zip

How-to-run

1. Download Crystal Security zipped file from download link.
  2. Extract downloaded .zip file with some extraction tool (e.g. 7-zip or WinRAR)
  3. Double-click (run) extracted executable file of Crystal Security (Crystal Security.exe)

Note

.NET Framework 4 is required.

Regards,
Kardo

You may want to check your link. I get a 404 error.

http://www.crystalsecurity.uk.to/index.html

Is it any good?

Hi,

Thank you for your information.

Download link is updated in first post.

Regards,
Kardo

Is crystal security compatable with other security suites like comodo, avast, etc

Hello,

Thank you for your interest.

Yes, Crystal Security should work without problems with other security products.

If there is any error/conflict with other security product then please let me know.

PS. I can confirm that Crystal Security is compatible with Microsoft Security Essentials/Windows Defender.

Regards,
Kardo

I am going to play around with it and see if there are any issues that I should report. I will also check to see if it is compatible with comodo andd let you know as well.

Hi,

Thank you for your help.

Waiting for your feedback :slight_smile:

Regards,
Kardo

after playing around with it. I find it to be similar to comodo in the amount of pop ups it showed. It did an excellent job versus the malware that I downloaded. In the popup it has block and deny which mean the same thing. So does it actually quarantine files or delete? It is good product that I would consider puting on a machine. and it is fairly light at 21 mb.
Now I don;t see an easy way to get rid of it if someone were to decide that they didn’t like it. I just quaratined it with comodo to uninstall it.

overall I think it is around a 4 out of 5

I don’t see it in Add/Remove. How do you uninstall it?

i dont believe it installs it just copies itself to the startup folder. just delete the exe from there

File copies itself to the startup. if you run. open task manager and right click on the process and open file location. it should take you to start up. kill the process and then delete the file and it should be technically “uninstalled.”

Thank you. I have now removed it.

This should definitely be in Add/Remove. I will not try it again until that functionality has been added.

It is just a portable application.

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback!

Great to hear that.

In the popup it has block and deny which mean the same thing. So does it actually quarantine files or delete?

Block - delete file from computer

Deny - prevent (deny) file execution (access denied).

It is good product that I would consider puting on a machine. and it is fairly light at 21 mb.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Now I don;t see an easy way to get rid of it if someone were to decide that they didn't like it. I just quaratined it with comodo to uninstall it.

Crystal Security.exe copies itself to Startup folder.
Settings folder & files you can find under:
C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\Crystal Security

overall I think it is around a 4 out of 5

:slight_smile:

Regards,
Kardo

In my opinion portable applications should be entirely removed when you delete the files you downloaded from the internet. Thus, if it needs to start up every time with the computer there needs to be an easy way to remove it. An ordinary user would not be able to track down those startup files. They may even categorize it as PUA as they cannot find a way to remove it.

Some portable applications will drop files in the user profile (logs, temps, etc) but I do see your point with it being an .exe, that it could be a possible issue for some.
Maybe a notification somehow about its location when first executing?

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion :-TU

Uninstall feature will be added into next version.

With coming version user is able to remove Crystal Security program completely (main executable, startup executable and settings folder/files) with just one click from program tray menu.

Regards,
Kardo

Hello,

Crystal Security 3.0.0.57 BETA Released

Thank you to all BETA testers who helped me with suggestions, testing and translations!

Changelog:

New

¤ Daily Checkup [Checkup-Settings]
¤ Quick Mode [Checkup-Settings]
¤ Start-up notification
¤ Uninstall [Tray menu]

Fixed

¤ Several bugs

Download: http://crystalsecurity.uk.to/downloads/Crystal%20Security%203.0.0.57.zip

How-to-run

1. Download Crystal Security zipped file from download link.
  2. Extract downloaded .zip file with some extraction tool (e.g. 7-zip or WinRAR)
  3. Double-click (run) extracted executable file of Crystal Security (Crystal Security.exe)

Note

.NET Framework 4 is required.

Regards,
Kardo

Cool. I have confirmed that it can run along side with antother product from Immunet called immunet protect free. anyways. How does it Know if objects are bad, suspicious or safe?