Author Topic: Which Product to develop next?  (Read 672047 times)

comicfan2000

Re: Which Product to develop next?
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2006, 01:19:30 AM »
Or maybe... Super Comodo Security Portal SP3 Ultra 2 Special  (:CLP)

Hey now! This browser was my idea , and I name it,

Super Ultra Special Exta Powerful Speedy Secure Comodo SP439786422566 Delux Portal Browser.

Watch how fast Melih picks that name! Just uh, don't hold your breath, lol.  (:KWL)

That is a good idea though, and I think someone , probably Ewen , but don't quote me, mentioned a very similar idea to this specifically for companies, etc...for company browsing etc...but don't quote me on that either.

Paul

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2006, 03:02:08 PM »

Super Ultra Special Exta Powerful Speedy Secure Comodo SP439786422566 Delux Portal Browser.

Watch how fast Melih picks that name! Just uh, don't hold your breath, lol.  (:KWL)

That is a good idea though, and I think someone , probably Ewen , but don't quote me, mentioned a very similar idea to this specifically for companies, etc...for company browsing etc...but don't quote me on that either.

Paul

naaaa...
the version number after SP is too long!
 (:NRD)
Melih

Offline kail

• Randomly Appearing
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The future is much like the present, only longer.
    • COMODO's free software!
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2006, 03:36:53 PM »

No problem with that, you name it.. I was jumping on the idea that it should NOT be a browser at all. It's focus should be on establishing a 100% secure link to a 100% certified site to allow 100% safe transactions. Nothing more. Not asking for much. ::)

So, more than likely, it would called from a browser (open page/link in CSP.. SUSEPSSC.. or.. whatever.. as far as I'm concerned.. your choice). But, you wouldn't just browse with it.
My System Details: W10Px64 with CIS 10 Beta, Firefox & Becky!
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2006, 04:24:56 PM »
No problem with that, you name it.. I was jumping on the idea that it should NOT be a browser at all. It's focus should be on establishing a 100% secure link to a 100% certified site to allow 100% safe transactions. Nothing more. Not asking for much. ::)

No you are not asking for much!

and I will deliver it! (:NRD)

Melih

Offline kail

• Randomly Appearing
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2006, 05:00:40 PM »
Cool

(:KWL)
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

comicfan2000

« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2006, 04:20:57 AM »

So, more than likely, it would called from a browser (open page/link in CSP.. SUSEPSSC.. or.. whatever.. as far as I'm concerned.. your choice). But, you wouldn't just browse with it.

Ohhhhh, why so serious? Some people,  ;) You obviously haven't seen many of my replies, poor Melih has been subject to them and he'll never be the same ;D  Name it yourself, OWL  don' t give a hoot  ;)  Seriously, I was Joking. I know a browser won't fly, (you REALLYYYYY must not have read any of my posts\replies)....lol.  So as said, honestly, it was a joke, I was just throwing that in. No harm no foul.

So , take care! You rotten person (:TNG)

Cheers,

Paul

comicfan2000

« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2006, 04:23:11 AM »
naaaa...
the version number after SP is too long!
 (:NRD)
Melih

loll, I'll take the S out.

Paul

Offline kail

• Randomly Appearing
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2006, 08:16:53 AM »
  Ohhhhh, why so serious? Some people,  ;) You obviously haven't seen many of my replies, poor Melih has been subject to them and he'll never be the same ;D  Name it yourself, OWL  don' t give a hoot  ;)  Seriously, I was Joking. I know a browser won't fly, (you REALLYYYYY must not have read any of my posts\replies)....lol.  So as said, honestly, it was a joke, I was just throwing that in. No harm no foul.

So , take care! You rotten person (:TNG)

Cheers,

Paul

Paul

But, I wasn't being serious. I had read your previous posts & I understood clearly that you were joking. I thought that I had responded in the correct manner, in that I played along with your claim (ie. I was also joking as well). But, I also realised that I hadn't clearly stated what I had meant the first time. So, I expanded on it (obviously, some of this bit was serious). I sincerely apologise if my poor typing caused any discomfort, this most certainly was not my intention.
Forum Policy.
____

comicfan2000

« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2006, 01:15:12 PM »
Paul

But, I wasn't being serious. I had read your previous posts & I understood clearly that you were joking. I thought that I had responded in the correct manner, in that I played along with your claim (ie. I was also joking as well). But, I also realised that I hadn't clearly stated what I had meant the first time. So, I expanded on it (obviously, some of this bit was serious). I sincerely apologise if my poor typing caused any discomfort, this most certainly was not my intention.

Kail, I was not upset at all or took you too serious, not a problem at all! Seriously! Giving you a bit of a hard time, yes. No problem!  ;)

Cheers,

Paul

just a mention: I do see my sense of humor as awkward sometimes and as i re-read my replies, oy, needs some work on my end for sure.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 11:04:05 PM by comicfan2000 »

Offline BullHorn

• Comodo's Hero
  • Nexus23
    • Nexus23 Corp. Ltd.
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2006, 05:45:13 PM »
I'd first love to see the Comodo Firewall get to a level where any novice user can install it, read a short guide about how firewalls work and how Comodo specifically works (Like the port-forwarding in that Network setting up screen) and the compatability issues with other programs.

After that, I think it would be great to have the Comodo Antivirus get to a level where it can be compared to NOD32 and Kaspersky. (:WIN)
Windows XP SP2
Comodo Personal Firewall 3.0.7.208
NOD32 2.7

Offline andyman35

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2006, 08:01:55 AM »
We want to start getting feedback from our users about which products, in the field of security and trust, you would like to see us develop next?

thanks
Melih

I want to see development on the VM side of anti-malware technology.This,to me, represents the greatest defence of all.After all if the malware is trapped in 'the matrix' it can do no harm  (:WIN)

Offline Scott B.

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2006, 02:20:59 PM »
 Yes, I am starting to agree that a sandbox type of thing would be an excellent addition to comodo's product line.

A system monitor like System Safety Monitor also maybe... :)

Offline Mors Victrix

• Comodo Member
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2006, 10:48:24 AM »
How about a system security tweaking utility implemented in the CPF or stand alone? There are many but not so many for security. I only know of SafeXP, xp-AntiSpy & Seconfig XP. But there are many good small tools scattered all over the net (like ADSSpy, socketlock, htastop, dcombob, BugOff, Hoster, Socklock,...). Here are some good sites that have such:

http://www.sysinternals.com/SecurityUtilities.html
http://www.grc.com/freepopular.htm
http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/
What do you know and how do you know it?

Offline andyman35

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2006, 11:39:00 AM »
Don't forget Samurai,this closes many holes in the Windows OS.

http://www.download.com/Samurai/3000-2092_4-10422273.html?tag=pub

Offline Mors Victrix

• Comodo Member
« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2006, 04:24:22 PM »
Don't forget Samurai,this closes many holes in the Windows OS.

http://www.download.com/Samurai/3000-2092_4-10422273.html?tag=pub

...and I thought I knew them all.  No, I didn't but this one is very good. Thank you!! I will use it from now one.
What do you know and how do you know it?

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek