Truecrypt fork

Hi,

how about a Truecrypt fork. A completely new developed Encryption Software would be nicer but that would take years. The Truecrypt code is good, it has been audited, it has many features. You know crypt, bring it to the next level, stronger Encryption, 512, 1024 or even 2048 bit more Encryption, not only AES and twofish, Make it faster (currently using Veracrypt, mounting a volume takes for ever). Improve the “System Encryption”, meaning if I encrypt my Systemdrive and now get a OS upgrade (Windows Insider Preview) I have to decrypt the Systemdrive, install the upgrade and then encrypt it again, even wit my SSD the entire process takes 5 hours and if I keep doing that my SSD won’t last for long. You are the security Experts, maybe you have a completely new encryption. It would be nice to have a Encryption Software from someone “where you have the feeling they know what they are doing”.

Thanks

LordRayden

Good idea, but I think CipherShed might be the answer. Unlike Veracrypt (which was released very quickly after Truecrypt 7.1) this project is under serious development and has been for sometime. Source is available on Github. Veracrypt has very few developers. At least that will release their name. Where as CipherShed has full disclosure on who’s working on the project. The first official release in no yet available (still in Alpha). I think it shows the time they are investing in the project to eliminate all possible exploits or flaws.

Just an opinion.

Yes I’m following the development of CipherShed and can’t wait to test it. I’m also following the development of TCnext (https://truecrypt.ch) but still, Comodo breaths Security, if anyone knows how to do it right it should be Comodo. It would perfectly fit into they Product pattern…

Just my opinion…

Thanks

LordRayden

“Two teams, CipherShed and VeraCrypt, are currently leading the TrueCrypt replacement initiative. And that is very good news. We work with both teams for the better of the community.” - quote from TCnext.

Had not heard of TCnext. Will keep an eye on it. :wink:

Yes, TCnext’s goal is to bring Truecrypt to the next level, they want to build on the existing code and bring the software to the 21st century(what ever that means for them) but they are low on developers. So they realized that they version will take some time, they decided to work together with the other two teams. You can securely download TrueCrypt 7.1a from the website (same hash as from the previous developers and the same hash as the version that was used for the audit). They are from Switzerland so they claim there is not going to be “legal trouble”
Hope to see something from them soon (Alpha, Beta)…

Thanks

LordRayden