Make an official torrent avaliable to download CIS/CAV/CFW

1. What actually happened or you saw:
Comodo products can only be downloaded from the website or external sites.

2. What you wanted to happen or see:
Comodo offer an official torrent to download CIS/CAV/CFW versions.

3. Why you think it is desirable:
It would mean less server strain on Comodo, and also allow users to download CIS/CAV/CFW versions quicker.

4. Any other information:
This will obviously apply to the COMODO programs and not virus database. Since many users complain that they have slow internet and can’t really download the full 200mb installer package, I think a torrent should help users download it more efficiently.

Great idea! I have other software that downloads by torrent as an option. Sometimes this is great if their servers are slow or down.

You may want to add voting to this thread.

Added :slight_smile:

Voted. +1 :-TU

Your wish request is more likely a website suggestion, unless you’re suggesting a peer-to-peer updater which might not sound reasonable to some users.

Yes, Comodo should provide another method of downloading the standalone Comodo programs.

If you wish torrents, feel free to create them yourself and make the file available online for other users.

I don’t think it would be okay to distribute Comodo’s product like that without their permission. So that’s why i’m calling for an OFFICIAL torrent.

Since torrents are ultimately shared, what you are proposing will not relieve stress/load on the servers.
Also, file contents from a torrent can be changed, potentially hazardous to your computer.
So, again, make your own (ethically not right), or DL as the servers/system is set up now.
Personally, the current setup is much preferred, as I am certain the file received is safe and valid.

It could relieve stress/load since other peers would be seeding as well, not just Comodo.

In what way do you mean the file contents of a torrent can be changed? For CIS could a) check the hash and b) check the signature.