Comodo Light Virtualization Software for PC & Smartphones.

Comodo light virtualization product(for PC & Phones) with options to create hidden ‘thawed’ partitions with password etc., just like Deep Freeze Enterprise. Would be a great addition and another layer of protection.

N.B: Currently Deep Freeze and Comodo aren’t compatible. Can you fix it? Melih, can you reply?

Edit:

My fix:

1.Install Deep Freeze, then boot Thawed.
2.Install Comodo Firewall. DO NOT RESTART, postpone it. Go to Advanced Settings.
3.General Settings>Configuration. Right-click on Proactive Security and Activate.
4.Security Settings>Defense+>HIPS. Disable HIPS.
5.Security Settings>File Rating>File List. Change all ‘Unrecognized’ Deep Freeze icons to ‘Trusted’. Click Ok. Double check to see if changes were saved.
6.Restart computer. You can now boot Frozen.

*If icon doesn’t show at System Tray, repeat step 5. Restart pc.

Deep Freeze Enterprise features & specs from the Faronics website:

Security and Control

Enhanced security is rolled into Faronics Deep Freeze with protection for the Master Boot Record (MBR) from rootkit injections, making your security bulletproof.

Secure the Master Boot Record (MBR)
Prevent unauthorized administrators from accessing or controlling a computer that runs Deep Freeze via a unique Customization Code for all components
Preset multiple passwords to be used on a workstation or via the Command Line Control with varying activation and expiration dates
Disable keyboard and mouse, including touchscreen devices, during Thawed Periods or on demand
Boot Control window provides the ability for immediate reboot
Use Stealth Mode to hide the Deep Freeze system tray icon

Configuration Options

Customized configuration makes setting up Deep Freeze for your environment a breeze.

Use the Configuration Administrator to specify multiple passwords, select drives to be Frozen, create ThawSpaces to save data, create workstation tasks, schedule maintenance and set advanced networks.
Create multiple customized installers with different configurations
Pre-select Frozen Drives and selectively Freeze or Thaw fixed drives
Schedule automatic Restart/Shutdown times
Restart computer on Logoff
Shutdown workstations after a preset length of inactivity
Automate Windows Update installation and detect when installation is complete to reboot Frozen or shutdown
Schedule multiple Thawed Periods to perform Windows updates (through the Internet or WSUS) or run a custom batch file to update other software
Automatically apply configuration changes to workstations

Data Retention Options

With Deep Freeze installed, data can be retained across reboots by redirecting both user and application data to storage space on non-system or network drives.

Retain data across reboots even if the computer is in a Frozen state, on up to eight virtual storage drives or “ThawSpaces” on a workstation
Use ThawSpaces to store programs, save files, or make permanent changes
Format ThawSpaces to remove unwanted files
Specify the size of the ThawSpace and host drive
Cache Windows updates by downloading updates even when in Frozen state
Redirect data for storage on network drives with the Data Igloo

Central Management

Central management makes it easy to deploy, configure, and manage Deep Freeze.

Use the included Enterprise Console or Core Console to centrally deploy, configure and manage Deep Freeze
Use the built-in Command Line Interface to manage Deep Freeze from within the most popular desktop management systems such as Microsoft SCCM, Dell KACE, Spiceworks, and Symantec Altiris Check out our Integration page
Schedule restart, shutdown, Wake-On-LAN, Freeze, Thaw, Thaw Locked and Windows Update tasks dynamically to take place once or regularly
Manage workstations easily with User Defined Groups
Quickly populate multiple groups or sub-groups with smart automatic filters or import groups from Active Directory
Update all pre-existing installation files automatically
Invoke system maintenance on demand with “Thaw Locked” mode
Launch RDP and VNC sessions through the Deep Freeze Console
Create customized Enterprise Consoles with tailored features
Remotely deploy, execute, and control software on managed workstations
With Faronics Core keep scheduled actions “active” to ensure updates on offline workstations
With Faronics Core manage workstations with dynamic groups, perform actions on workstation groups, view workstation activity status, and remotely wake-up offline workstations via the web

Deployment and Interoperability Options

Easy deployment of Faronics Deep Freeze is made possible with several options.

Easy deployment options including a silent install for rapid network deployment, deployment as part of your imaging solution or via the Enterprise Console
Provides option to deploy on multiple workstations as part of a master image
Includes the Deep Freeze Command Line Control Utility for remote management
Integrate Deep Freeze protection into any desktop management solution capable of executing command line control
Create, edit download, and share XML-based Deep Freeze Action Files to interact with other programs via the Enterprise Console
Communicate with workstations over a LAN, WAN, or combination
Support for multiple ports and automatically authorizing them

Integration

Deep Freeze may be used in conjunction with Faronics Anti-Virus, Anti-Executable and Power Save.

Single Console to manage both Deep Freeze and Faronics Anti-Virus clients
Seamless malware definition retention on workstations protected in a Frozen state with Faronics Anti-Virus
Malware definitions for other anti-virus solutions can be easily retained through use of Thawed Periods
Integration with Faronics Anti-Executable and Faronics Power Save to detect Deep Freeze Thawed Periods

Automate Windows Updates

Windows updates are easy to automate with Deep Freeze

Automatically download Windows updates even when machines are Frozen
Much faster Windows updates as cached updates are applied as soon as the machines are Thawed
Detects when updates are complete and automatically returns the computer back to a frozen state, eliminating the need to set maintenance window completion times Watch Video

Absolute Protection

Faronics Deep Freeze provides comprehensive protection for IT systems.

Guarantees 100% workstation recovery upon restart
Provides password protection and complete security
Protects multiple hard drives and partitions

Integration and Compatibility

Faronics Deep Freeze works with a wide range of hard drive types and form-
ats, is available in several languages

Supports multi-boot environments
Compatible with Fast User Switching
Supports SSD, SCSI, ATA, SATA, and IDE hard drives
Supports FAT, FAT32, NTFS, basic and dynamic disks
Localized in six languages

Deep Freeze Mobile App for iOS and Android

Freeze and Thaw

Manage Deep Freeze computers from the comfort of a mobile phone.

Scan QR Code

Scan computers using unique QR codes for each computer and perform on demand actions.

Add Tags

Add tags on the go to organize your environment with general tag, location tag or a support tag.

Multi Platform Support

Use Deep Freeze Administrator mobile app on your choice of device running iOS or Android.

Push Cloud Agents

Push Cloud Agents on new computers using a mobile phone without having to carry installers on USB drives.

Secure Sign-in

Securely sign-in to Cloud Console without having to enter credentials on any computer.

On Demand Actions

Perform Deep Freeze Cloud actions from the comfort of your mobile phone without logging into the Cloud website.

Other Maintenance Tasks

Set other maintenance tasks to idle time out or restart or shutdown at desired intervals.

Hi,

could you please explain to me what your point is?
I don’t really get it…

I didn’t know about this software, now I read much about it and it’s not bad but:
A normal user would not use that because it’s to complicated…
A IT guy would use it but it already exits, it’s called Deep Freeze, why invent the wheel again?

You can get similar function with VirtualBox, you set up a Virtual machine, test new software, make “machine” snapshots and go back to them if anything goes wrong. You can encrypt the entire machine.

You can also use VeraCrypt, encrypt anything you want, you can even make hidden partitions or operating systems…

Maybe I misunderstood something, please explain it to me…

Thanks

It’s pretty easy to setup/use Deep Freeze… You can check videos/guides. There are compatibility issues with Deep Freeze+Comodo, it’s a total disaster. It’s not reinventing the wheel though, there are other softwares like Deep Freeze but it’s also about trust or them being compatible… I’m not asking for it to be exactly same. We could have a Comodo one with the main features and more. Just a restart fixes everything.

Hi,

Ok, now I get you. Could be interesting but again I think for a normal user this is useless. I have hundreds of customers and maybe two of them would be able to setup and run this software. I on the other hand have already downloaded the Trial…

Thanks

Added fix to first post.

This is actually very doable if we are to think that Android would have the same functionality as Linux. forking Lethe, fsprotect or Ofris for android isn’t impossible, but it’s not that good of an idea either. The technology just hasn’t quite caught up to that just yet and I’m pretty sure by the time it does, it already has a better alternative for light virtualization. As it is right now, it’s rather flawed and I don’t see it being applied to mobile phones effectively without compromising something important. I might consider it for pc’s but by the way CTM’s progressing, I’m not gonna bet on it.