Author Topic: A file verification program.  (Read 3328 times)

Offline spasserfan

• Comodo Family Member
A file verification program.
« on: September 18, 2008, 02:22:25 PM »
All of Comodo's installers are delivered with an SHA1 code, but there is no comodo program to verify these. I know you can get other programs to do this, but it would be nice if there was one from Comodo, that way we would get the program from a trusted source!

Further this program should be able to generate SHA1 (or an even more precise code) from files (not just a single file, but multiple files and folders/folder tree) at a time. That way users would be able to share files with each other knowing that the files has not been altered (if the users trust each other ;))

Offline LaserWraith

• pillow fighting fool
  • Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
  • I'm going to go out with a bang
Re: A file verification program.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 02:30:22 PM »
There are programs out there that do that (I can't name any off-hand though).  I would like this but Comodo is probably intent on other program types (but maybe this feature could be added into a current program, or one Comodo is going to develop).

Offline gibran

• Average User
  • Comodo's Hero
  • A bad workman always blames his tools
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 03:01:34 PM »
All of Comodo's installers are delivered with an SHA1 code, but there is no comodo program to verify these. I know you can get other programs to do this, but it would be nice if there was one from Comodo, that way we would get the program from a trusted source!

Further this program should be able to generate SHA1 (or an even more precise code) from files (not just a single file, but multiple files and folders/folder tree) at a time. That way users would be able to share files with each other knowing that the files has not been altered (if the users trust each other ;))

All Comodo Installers are digitally signed and they can be verified without using 3rd party software.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 03:14:22 PM by gibran »
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

Offline LaserWraith

• pillow fighting fool
  • Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
  • I'm going to go out with a bang
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 06:10:09 PM »
All Comodo Installers are digitally signed and they can be verified without using 3rd party software.

Ok.  But it would be nice for other programs that don't have that.......................

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek