Author Topic: Help - ApplicUnwnt[at]#3w1np9kwzamnu Detected today 07th August 2017  (Read 566 times)

Offline Fastflys

• Comodo Member
CIS found ApplicUnwnt[at]#3w1np9kwzamnu in:
C:\Windows\Installer\da7c0c2.msi
and
C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\Cache\Arm_001824237067_6360296441936100232458931331860774834.msi

Both are in quarantine and have been submitted.

I don't know what to do next.  They appear to originate from Windows Installer and from Adobe.

I have Adobe reader installed on my PC and Adobe ARM I think is an Adobe Reader auto updater program??  Am I to assume that CIS has identified these wrong [false positive]?

How will I know if I can restore these files back to their original location?

I use CIS on my PC but when it comes down to knowing what everything means and does I'm a complete novice.

Any help if explained in simple terms would be most welcome.

Online futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Help - ApplicUnwnt[at]#3w1np9kwzamnu Detected today 07th August 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 06:29:08 PM »
These are most likely false positives and you can report them here following guidance from this post.

Offline Fastflys

• Comodo Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 11:27:36 AM »
Thanks for your response Futuretech.

Do I need to submit again as I have already submitted them from the Quarantine window by placing a check mark by each suspect file and clicking on the "Submit" button.

How or when will I know if these files are safe to restore back to their original positions?

Online futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 10:36:35 AM »
Thanks for your response Futuretech.

Do I need to submit again as I have already submitted them from the Quarantine window by placing a check mark by each suspect file and clicking on the "Submit" button.

How or when will I know if these files are safe to restore back to their original positions?
Seeing as you have already submitted the files then you won't get a response from comodo to let you know if the detection is a fp and has been fixed or if it is an accurate detection. Only thing you can do now is restore the files and perform a scan again after updating the AV database to see if it gets detected again.

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek