Author Topic: Verification Engine Wishlist rev 1  (Read 126983 times)

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
Re: Verification Engine Wishlist rev 1
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2006, 09:24:41 PM »
I was dissapointed to see that it doesn't work with Maxthon well.  Fine with IE6.  Since Maxthon uses the IE6 engine, shouldn't be too hard to make it work.

http://www.maxthon.com

Hey Zeke,

It's a bit harder than it may first appear. IE wrappers (like maxthon and ambrowser) don't call or display the padlock in the same manner as IE. The executable itself uses a different structure as well. It's a pity as I've grown quite used to AM Browsers feature set and would really like to be able to use VE with it.

If I have to use IE to use VE, so be it. I"ll  just verify the site in IE and go back to browsing the site in AMBrowser. This method will only cost me time, not using this method could cost me money! :(

Ewen :-)
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline mike6688

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2006, 03:04:30 AM »
Hi,

I wonder what you think about the ability to verify bank logos in an email.  With phishing attacks increasing, I think that this could be a valuable tool - which will also have the interest of the banks.

If this is the case, and the banks start promoting this more it gets the Comodo name out more, customers will use it and may use your other products for protection, and thus everyone wins.  ;)

Mike
Volunteer Moderator: Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of Comodo.  Please read and abide by the forum policy!

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2006, 08:07:31 AM »
Hi,

I wonder what you think about the ability to verify bank logos in an email.  With phishing attacks increasing, I think that this could be a valuable tool - which will also have the interest of the banks.

If this is the case, and the banks start promoting this more it gets the Comodo name out more, customers will use it and may use your other products for protection, and thus everyone wins.  ;)

Mike

:-)
is all I say :-)

Melih

Offline mike6688

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2006, 08:27:13 AM »

:-)
is all I say :-)

Melih

Can I take from this you are already planning something, or are you keeping totally quiet on this one? ;D

Mike
Volunteer Moderator: Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of Comodo.  Please read and abide by the forum policy!

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2006, 03:12:43 AM »
Hi,

Mike

Genius - GREAT suggestion, Mike!

Congrats on the 600!

ewen :-)
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline AJohn

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo Loves me
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2006, 03:19:47 AM »
Publish the Verification engine on mozilla's website :)

https://addons.mozilla.org/search.php?q=verification+engine&type=A&app=firefox

Offline lalanis

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2006, 10:48:46 AM »
How about making Verification Engine integrated to browsers.For example build an extension for mozilla firefox.
I'd prefer VE to be used with my browser.
I can't personally find no use in running VE without the browser, at the system tray, taking PC resources.
Check out McAfee site advisor and its huge success, even though VE is better. (:KWL)

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2006, 03:25:34 PM »
How about making Verification Engine integrated to browsers.For example build an extension for mozilla firefox.
I'd prefer VE to be used with my browser.
I can't personally find no use in running VE without the browser, at the system tray, taking PC resources.
Check out McAfee site advisor and its huge success, even though VE is better. (:KWL)

Lalanis
thanks for the feedback.
I need bit more explanation. What do you mean about integrate it with the browser?
thanks
Melih

Offline lalanis

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2006, 05:24:56 PM »
Lalanis
thanks for the feedback.
I need bit more explanation. What do you mean about integrate it with the browser?
thanks
Melih

I don't thikn is useful to run VE in the backround without a browser running at the same time...
You could make VE work like a toolbar but more discrete, for example a ''V'' in the upper right corner of a browser.
What I'm trying to say is, remove VE from the tray and ''put'' in the browser.

Offline AOwL

• Comodo SuperHero
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Firewall Pro - Be safe, use protection...
    • NordicNatureMedia
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2006, 05:59:54 PM »
I agree with Lalanis, and would love to have a VE-extension for Firefox.

SportsFan

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2006, 05:37:35 PM »
Yeah, Melih.....add another one to the "wanting to see it incorporated into the browser" camp.

The example given referring to the McAfee SiteAdvisor is a great one.  For the Firefox browser, it installs as an "Extension".  For Internet Explorer, it installs as a Browser Toolbar "Add-On" of sorts.

Here is a link for it, to better see what it is and how it works (or if you'd even like to download and play around with it):

http://www.siteadvisor.com/

I also really like both of mike6688's suggestions.......of

1) having a 'black list' of phishing sites and displaying a red warning to get the users' attention.....

and

2) the ability to verify bank and other financial/commercial institutions logos in an email.

(:CLP)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 01:21:08 PM by SportsFan »

Offline DR

• Comodo Member
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2006, 01:03:38 PM »
I would like to have the option to turn off the green arrow that automatically runs up the screen and points at the border.

I would also like to have the option to "Exit" or stop the program.  Currently if I kill it through the Task Manager it automatically starts back up.  There are times when I want to kill "all" unnecessary processes.

DR

Offline mike6688

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2006, 02:03:37 PM »
I would like to have the option to turn off the green arrow that automatically runs up the screen and points at the border.

I would also like to have the option to "Exit" or stop the program.  Currently if I kill it through the Task Manager it automatically starts back up.  There are times when I want to kill "all" unnecessary processes.

DR

Hi,

If you right click the VE icon in the system tray>>choose 'VE Auto ID Assurance (VEAIDA)'>>select 'turn off'>>you can turn off the green automatic arrow.

Mike

Offline DR

• Comodo Member
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2006, 02:28:50 PM »
Hi,

If you right click the VE icon in the system tray>>choose 'VE Auto ID Assurance (VEAIDA)'>>select 'turn off'>>you can turn off the green automatic arrow.

Mike

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the info.

DR

Offline mike6688

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2006, 02:58:17 PM »
Hey Mike,

Thanks for the info.

DR

You're welcome.  Glad I could help.  ;)

Mike

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek