Author Topic: VE incompatible with IE9  (Read 31519 times)

Offline vicsetter

VE incompatible with IE9
« on: March 16, 2011, 07:48:49 AM »
Vengine64.DLL causes  APP Crash of Windows Explorer.  You cannot open a folder view, Control panel etc.  I had to remove the Comodo Verification Engine Folder containing Vengine64.DLL before windows would operate normally - be warned.

Windows 7 64 bit. CVE version 2.7.0.37

Offline miketoll

Re: VE incompatible with IE9
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 11:04:30 AM »
Same problem here. Even disabling VE as suggested by IE9 did not make any difference. Had to uninstall VE which worked for my Windows 7 64 bit system but still did not work for my Windows 32 bit system. I had to use system restore for that one, uninstall VE then reload IE9.

Offline vicsetter

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 11:07:44 AM »
Had to use command line to delete the folder and DLL file before I could open control panel to uninstall.

Offline SivaSuresh

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Avert the danger that has not yet come
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 10:32:33 PM »
I would suggest you uninstall Verification Engine with a third party tool like iobituninstaller.

http://www.iobit.com/advanceduninstaller.html

Then use autoruns.exe  and search for and delete all entries containing "vengine".

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902
with love Siva Suresh
|| Windows7 x64 | CIS 10 | Firefox | Thunderbird | CCleaner | Evernote | PStart | UltraCopier | Dropbox | TeamViewer | Screenshot Captor ||
|| AMD Phenom II x4 955B | ASUS M4A88TD | 8GB DDR3 RAM | 240GB Sandisk SSD  || 6TB SATA II HDD 6Gb/s

Offline SiberLynx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 11:25:16 PM »
Hi SivaSuresh,

This is quite an old thread
Several threads were already created here related to the said problem, say :

https://forums.comodo.com/verification-engine-cve/verification-engine-please-help-resolve-some-contradictions-t71775.0.html;msg510872#msg510872

Interesting thing is that 3rd party uninstaller (I tried Revo) may not help. See the subsequent link:

https://forums.comodo.com/general-discussion-off-topic-anything-and-everything/troubles-with-ie9-upgrade-vengine-t71617.0.html;msg509696#msg509696

What I meant - it may happen – just manual uninstall (removing folders and Registry leftovers) may work , but if Iobit Uninstaller suggested will do the job – fine, despite my doubt(s)  ;)

Anyway since the initial poster did not reply since I hope he/she read all the above and solved the problem
Had to use command line to delete the folder and DLL file before I could open control panel to uninstall.
, which is reflecting part of what I was writing in the referred thread about uninstaller's failure and manual cleaning procedure

Cheers!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 11:34:42 PM by SiberLynx »
Main OS - Ubuntu
XP Pro, SP3 (32bit), Admin; Comodo Firewall 3.14.130099.587; Proactive with Defense+; Emsisoft Anti-Malware v9; Sandboxie
Win 7 x64, Admin (UAC off); Win7 advanced FW +TinyWall; Emsisoft Anti-Malware v9; Sandboxie
Win 7 Ultimate 32bit (UAC off); Emsisoft Internet Security v9 beta

Offline fimble

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 02:35:27 PM »
Hi All
I have found a solution to the error and a fix that worked for me.

Restart your machine, then boot it in safe mode (F8 on my machine just after POST)

** TIP **
Save this to your desktop BEFORE you restart so you have a copy of it to hand, you can also start in Safe mode with network support and bookmark this page.

Press the WIN key + the R key you will get the CMD dialogue box, copy and paste this

regsvr32.exe -u "C:\Program Files\Comodo\VEngine\VEngine.dll"

where the "C:\Program Files\Comodo\VEngine\VEngine.dll" is change to suit your machine, with machines that are 64 bit you are going to need to alter the line as the files exist in both you c:\Program Files AND your C:\Program Files (x86) folders

Here are the lines i used to clear the DLL

regsvr32.exe -u "C:\Program Files (x86)\Comodo\VEngine\VEngineIE32.dll"

regsvr32.exe -u "C:\Program Files\Comodo\VEngine\VEngineIE64.dll"

For each of the lines you should get a success message.

Reboot your machine once complete.

Your machine will work again.

Hope this helps you all.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek