Zemana can capture keystrokes

Virtual keyboard - no logging

Excellent no need for great tweaks for me. I’ll just use the virtual keyboard when doing online banking.

That’s almost impossible with any keylogger. The kiosk is made in such a way that no keylogging can bypass it. Virtual keyboard is an extra protection.

That's almost impossible with any keylogger. The kiosk is made in such a way that no keylogging can bypass it. Virtual keyboard is an extra protection.

:-TU

That's almost impossible with any keylogger. The kiosk is made in such a way that no keylogging can bypass it. Virtual keyboard is an extra protection.

impossible is nothing.
there are many virtual keyboard sniffer tools.
comodo is new in this area, i didnt see samples but there are logger for kaspersky virtual keyboard. just example.

There are many ways that a trojan/keylogger can capture info.
Here’s a list of ways it can be done…

but yeah, if you have the FW set to ‘Safe’ and D+ set to ‘Safe’ or better yet ‘Paranoid’ then nothing is going to be sent from your computer (without your permission :P)

I just tried to run this test inside Sandboxie and it wouldn’t run - not because I have it restricted, but because Sandboxie ‘Denied access’ to the program…I guess Tzuk programmed Sandboxie not to run certain things… ???

but yeah, if you have the FW set to 'Safe' and D+ set to 'Safe' or better yet 'Paranoid' then nothing is going to be sent from your computer (without your permission )

You said;

There are many ways that a trojan/keylogger can capture info.

and there are many ways to bypass firewall
dont trust too much your firewall :wink:

Name/show me one. Also the chances of it getting out with CIS are very slim anyway.

Hardware keyloggers are rare. And I bet CIS HIPS can find them.

Software keyloggers can be stopped by CIS. As CIS protects the windows kernel and find suspicious behavior in the windows ‘hooks’ also most of so called passive methods will fail. That is with the right settings in CIS.

Yet I still need to see so called ‘virtual keyboard sniffer tools’.

Nothing is enabled in the HIPS, except what was enabled by switching to proactive security and restarting. I’ve attached a screenshot, showing that in addition to switching to proactive and restarting I also unchecked the HIPS.

I’ve also attached a screenshot of my BB settings.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Name/show me one. Also the chances of it getting out with CIS are very slim anyway.

what you want? malware samples which has VK logging ability?
there are tons of samples malware releated sites. Just search yourself if you want.

VK, is another layer but not a big deal. All banking web sites, already has VK but there are tons of malware can bypass this protection.

7 years ago;

Malware can dedected mouse x-y positions so can log used keys. Or screen record, or capture. Anyway, always there is a way. VK is not perfect answer, just another layer. So comodo still using keylogger protection, not only vk.

VK and Anti-logging ability are different things. Not equal and my problem is different. i dont know why we are talking about VK.

My problem is;
Untrusted auto-sandboxed malware can capture keystrokes.
HIPS doesnt protect against virtualized/autosandboxed malware

just this. i am not interesting about tweaked settings, virtual keyboards.
many people dont know anything about complex settings/alets, they use out of the box. and my problem is probably about architecture not settings.
is there any option for HIPS protection for “fully virtualized” samples?
i just report my situation!

Ah just what I was thinking. Enable enhanced protection might have done it no?

I disagree with your points. Okay let’s talk about your problem. CIS HIPS does a perfect job with keyloggers. Better than any other security software on the AV market today. What’s the point of using something which is not at the maximum level of the security it can be? What complex/alerts settings? Please! When you are talking about the architecture you just mean new CIS 6?

I disagree with your points. Okay let's talk about your problem. CIS HIPS does a perfect job with keyloggers. Better than any other security software on the AV market today. What's the point of using something which is not at the maximum level of the security it can be? What complex/alerts settings? Please! When you are talking about the architecture you just mean new CIS 6?

when SS leak test released CIS doesnt prevent any attack, all test failed.
We report and they added protection for that case.
Problem reporting is important for quality of product.
and i report my problem.

So why you say?

do you reject problem? or reject me?

“CIS HIPS does a perfect job with keyloggers.”
so why zemana keylogger can bypass CIS keylogger protection!
there isnt perfect product, included CIS. CIS has a “perfect” selfdefense but some POC can disable it!

“Better than any other security software on the AV market today.”
wow, is there any test? or theorically? you say what you believe, not reality.
This is not race!
Just we are talking about software. Best or better, not god made, there will be bug, and problem.

There is a problem, i just report it because of this;

Would you please make this post @ the Comodo Forum? I'm sure they'll appreciate it, and we may all have a better CIS for that.

and i dont know who are you, i just want to report developers/mods. not another users.
am i care they will fix or not?
maybe but there are too many security software. so it is not matter of life and death for me.

Well good for you. I don’t reject anything but you really want me to address each of your points? It’s gonna be 10 pages LOL! I don’t want to go off topic here even more. Zemana didn’t pass on many other systems. Don’t go into POC please. It’s all pure speculation. You want to say that you know better than Comodo staff? LOL! Why Comodo is the best? Because nothing beats default deny. AV market is all about a race wake up. You already done so. I never used Windows 8 and never will so I’m no help to you.

You are so right! I hope the developers will figure out this problems and will help you.

right now, CIS in default settings are unable to protect against this attack. And with your settings its the same.

So we cant say CIS is better than any other security software on the AV market!

Sorry, but that is absolutely wrong!
We have many cases reported and documented here in the CIS Forum like in other Forums too, that some attacks can bypass CIS. To close your eyes, or just believe nothing can beat CIS, will it not make better.

The guy wants only help and reports a bug. Telling him, that COMODO is the best, will not help him.

You know what? I’m not going to argue with you. Close my eyes? Believe? You are talking to somebody you don’t even know. He already made a report it’s done. And mind your own business we were talking about something else with him.

:slight_smile: Thank you. All is reported and documented, so we dont have to argue.

Your are right. I know only what i had read from you. In my opinion, from the objectively view, some things was wrong what u had said.

Dont see it so serious please.

I think chiron has clearly explained that even if a keylogger does log keystrokes it will not transmit(thats if the keylogger is allowed in the first place at all.)

Like anything in life,if its good at what it does there are always detractors.
My advice would be to all detractors would be if you dont like the program then simply dont use it.

And a large majority of these “POCS” will never come across a large number of users.
What i have found very interesting is that the authors of these “pocs” are so unwilling to submit them and help but would rather keep them and detract a product.

We need to remember cisv6 is new and of course there will be minor bugs but rather than trying to give the product a bad name we should be helping to make it better and thats a joint effort for everybody.

No matter how strong or weak a product is it is the end user behind the keyboard who controls whats sites they visit etc.
Cheers. ;D