ZAP to Comodo??? [Resolved-Switched to CFP]

Since CFP’s icon wasn’t in the system tray can we assume that even though the icon was not there the firewall was still on and protecting???

That is correct. Actually, no “assumption” is necessary. We can look at the following to verify:

Task Manager: cmdagent.exe

Device Manager/View/Show Hidden Devices/NonPNP Drivers: Comodo Application Engine, Comodo Network Engine

These last two are the drivers that comprise the core of the firewall; this is what’s running from boot. The GUI, which is CPF.exe, is what is running from login; that’s what is in the systray, and is only the user interface. Firewall’s still on.

Because of load order on Windows login, some users have experienced a message from Windows Security Center that Comodo FW is not running, and also some have experienced a tooltip that the FW is “initializing.” These both refer only to the GUI, and not the actual firewall. Comodo FW is a kernel-level driver FW, so it truly is running “invisibly” in the background.

LM

Thanks. Getting ready to start the process. I’ll post later, providing I don’t break something. Take care.

So far so good. ZA uninstalled with no problems. Comodo is up and running so far every thing is working well, knocking on wood.
Later on I’ll play around with the filresharring apps. Thanks Little Mac.

No problem, gugarci. Poke around, read the FAQs, and so on. Ask questions as you need. Since you’ve moved into the “giving it a try” stage, I’ll go ahead and close this topic. Any questions you have related to operations now that you’re using it, you can ask in the related topics, or create a new one if you can’t find it already asked…

We’re here to help, and glad to do so!

LM