Your web hosting provider?

I apologize for the possible off-topic. Guys, could you tell me which web hosting company you are using at the moment? I have a problem because my current web hosting company Hostrator (Closed down) is kicking me off. They say that our website is using too many server resources. But our website only gets 300 visitors per day…

Anyway, what would be your recommendations? Are you happy with your web hosting providers?

I am checking Hosting 24 (a US provider) at the moment, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?
I have contacted them and they say something like “1000GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will start running out of disk space we will simply add a new 1000GB drive so can continue uploading…”.

What do you think about it? Any ideas and web hosting company name suggestions are much appreciated.

mod edit: URLs removed by mod to avoid the appearance of advertising. kail

You are not very clear; you want free or paid hosting? (if you pay for it, there’s no reason for you to get kicked off).

Does your website involve downloading files, or mainly reading what you uploaded?
In this last event, is it long to read it?
What space does what you upload need?
Do you need a domain name and anonymous ftp?
(…)

If the bandwith is limited (e.g. mainly in free hosting), you have to make your own arithmetics:
Plain surfing to a web page (without downloading whatever) “eats” some 10 MB per hour.

If 300 persons spend 30 mn everyday, it makes 300 x 10 x 0.50 x 30 = 45000 MB = 4.5 GB, and the transfer limit of most free hostings sites should be enough (e.g. webhost is 100 GB).
If there’s something to download, add the size of the relevant files/folders, but you have your statistics, and we do not.

For paid hosting, I recommend Arvixe. $4 per month + free domain name isn’t bad at all.

Arvixe isn’t too well known, so if you want something more known (but more expensive), try DreamHost or BlueHost. :-TU

xmission? like maddox.xmission.com ;D

That hosting service is way too expensive for the little it offers. 88)

ow, sorry >_<

Are you kidding? XMission must have had tons of legal stuff come their way because of that Maddox chap. That Hosting Service must be rock solid. And I would suspect that type of rock solid doesn’t come cheap either.

…If you want to have that kind of site, sure, go with xmission. 88)

If you have sense and are going to do “okay” things, get something with a better deal.

Actually, given some of things you say… it was you I was thinking of Laser. :stuck_out_tongue:

:o

Like what? 88)

Well the host wasn’t for me was it? :stuck_out_tongue:

You want quotations? Quotes of you? From me? Posted here? Really? :slight_smile:

It could be the host for you. :slight_smile:

Er well maybe not.

I don’t have anything a care to host anyway. 88) And the 4-visitors-per-month thing Google Analytics showed me for a blog I used to have was depressing.

Indeed young man. :slight_smile:

Hey, I was one those four! :slight_smile: What were you saying there? :wink:

PS Hmm… it didn’t seem yesterday that you were 4. And now I see you’re 5! Many belated returns Jeremy. :slight_smile:

As a Spammer, I recommend Host Gator World*. Try this my friend you will find the best and the affordale as you required,

*A coupon provider?, he must mean HostGator surely!

mod edit: URL removal & fact adjustments made by mod. kail
jack: it’s affordable mate, not affordale and the grammar is little off towards the end there. but, thanks your personal recommendation is noted. ps you’re banned. :) kail

LOL the best P.S. I’ve seen in a while. :smiley:

I was considering putting kail in my green veggie smoothie but I decided that might be dangerous.

Bit of a late reply but Bluehost is an excellent provider, I personally have used their service for years.

Take a look at their site, I think you’ll like the service, and it’s very affordable. Downside is it’s shared hosting, so you can’t go too heavy on the server resources (no youtube/high bandwidth download type sites), but overall it’s excellent.