Your Native Client plugin is not enabled!

I’ll start off by saying, sorry for this post if it’s a repeat from someone else. I did a little digging to see if there was a thread already going. Again, I am really sorry. I just couldn’t fined it.

Anyways, I switched from Google Chrome. I have a problem with a game from the Google Web Store called Dark Legends. This is the error I get from launching it.

Yikes! Your Native Client plugin is not enabled! Please type "chrome://plugins" in the address bar to enable Native Client support!

Now I looked at Dragon’s plugins and didn’t see it. Is there an alternative method around this? Something I can download?

Thank you for your time!

I think by ‘native client’ it’s referring to the Dark legends client. As you’ve switched from Chrome to Dragon, you’ll probably have to install the client from the web store. Have you tried this?

Doesn’t it install itself when I click “Add to Chrome”? Because it’s on Dragon when I open new tab. Then when I launch it. It display’s that error.

Ok, I misunderstood. I’m not sure the Chrome Native Client is fully supported under Dragon. You can enable it and see. In the Dragon address bar type about:flags scroll down until you see Native Client, select Enable, restart and see what happens…

Ok, I’ll try that real quick. I’ll get back to you as soon as I have an answer. Thank you so much for helping.

*EDIT Nope. It didn’t work. :\ If I could get my Google Web Store games to work on here I’d ditch Google Chrome. :frowning:

Having had a dig around, I don’t believe enabling the Native Client in about:flags would have done anything, as the plugin itself seems to be missing from the Dragon installation. Perhaps someone else has an idea…

To install the plugin please try disabling Do not allow websites to know where you came from (suppress HTTP Referrer header) if you have it enabled.
Settings, Under the hood, Privacy.

I’m not sure that will work Captain, as the NaCl (Chrome Native Client) components don’t seem to be part of the Dragon installation and it’s these the game is looking for.

Thanks Radaghast, your above post helped me understand that it is different than I was thinking (My bad).
Thanks for the info.
Edit: Re worded sentence.

Yeah, I still haven’t had any luck with it… Maybe if Comodo can make a “special” Native Client file to manually install for this type of issue. That’d be awesome.

Thank you both for continuing on trying to help. I mean I did play another game I play a lot on Google Chrome. Thing about that one is that it doesn’t need Native Client. It’s just really weird that this specific game, out all, needed this specific Chrome file. :-\ Honestly I would use Dragon instead of Chrome.

On dragon://plugins Native Client is missing. I was able to make some work around by copying ppgooglenaclpluginchrome.dll from C:\Users*************\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\18.0.1025.162 to C:\Program Files (x86)\Comodo\Dragon. Once copied and relunch CD, checking on dragon://plugins Native Client is now present. But once the application (Dark Legends) is lunched the same error appeared (Figure 3). Also tried to Enabled and Disable Native Client from dragon://flags.

very close... hmmm, still something is missing... ???

NOTE: This test was done on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit SP1

Figure 1 Native Client location from Google Chrome

http://img14.picoodle.com/i54o/kaiaphas/351g_b37_ucg7k.jpg

Figure 2 Native Client Present and Enabled from CD dragon://plugins

http://img14.picoodle.com/i54o/kaiaphas/351g_65a_ucg7k.jpg

Figure 3 error: with native client copied from Chrome and enabled from CD dragon://plugins

http://img15.picoodle.com/i54o/kaiaphas/351g_9f6_ucg7k.jpg

Your method may work with other plugins but not with Native Client. NaCl is something very different and (I guess) only the CD developer can port it from Chrome to Dragon. So there’s no other way except waiting for now :(.

Ah… :\ Well I guess its a waiting game then. I guess I’ll keep checking… I have been using Dragon a lot. I like it better then Chrome. But when I wanna play Dark legends. Guess I have to go back to Chrome.

Thank you all for trying to figure out a solution/work around. Much appreciated.

Sorry nothing has worked, let us hope for the future. :slight_smile:

Has anyone had any luck with this issue yet? I am having the very same issue…