Yahoo home page on paid version?!

I cannot believe that now that I paid and bought the product… I still have to deny the Yahoo Homepage with every update. What in the He**! I am going back to Amazon where I bought it and go from 5 stars to 1 star and give this a flaming and advise everyone to avoid this silliness. ■■■■ I am angry.

:-TD

I cannot believe, now that I have paid, buying the product… I still have to deny the Yahoo Homepage with every update. What in the He**! I am going back to Amazon where I bought it and go from 5 stars to 1 star and give this a flaming and advise everyone to avoid this silliness. ■■■■ I am angry.

I paid for this product it isn’t free and liable to the YAHOO money. I want my money back.

I cannot believe the AV is a virus - browser hijacker.

I edited the topic title to be more informative. Eric

I cannot believe, now that I have paid, buying the product… I still have to deny the Yahoo Homepage with every update. What in the He**! I am going back to Amazon where I bought it and go from 5 stars to 1 star and give this a flaming and advise everyone to avoid this silliness. ■■■■ I am angry.

Everyone go to Amazon and downrate COMODO products until this stops.

:-TD

I cannot believe, now that I have paid, buying the product… I still have to deny the Yahoo Homepage with every update. What in the He**! I am going back to Amazon where I bought it and go from 5 stars to 1 star and give this a flaming and advise everyone to avoid this silliness. ■■■■ I am angry. I had no reason to buy this but to stop that aggravation.

I paid for this product it isn’t free and liable to the YAHOO money. I want my money back.

I cannot believe the AV is a virus - browser hijacker.

I totally agree with you :-TU I hate this behavior of AVs… it is not just Comodo. Every vendor have behaves like that.
If you have Windows 8 or upper version. No need to buy anything. You already have Windows Defender, to protect yourself imrpve your practises and improve your common sense. You will see no infection.
Good luck!

I don’t agree with you yigido. CIS is a free product and comodo needs a way to make money. I prefer this kind of ads, as long as we have the option to opt out, rather than banners or ads that you can’t disable.
I agree with WBSteele, this is not acceptable for a paid product.

Please note he did say Paid Product.

So should be a different download with all such options removed.

Dennis

Check this part of my comment

Yes, we saw.

This can allow exploration vunerabilidades but paid products from other competitors practice the same, some in a “veiled” and other give the option to choose. (comodo, for exemple)

In the paid versions could be taken this option after you have paid to use. As the free version, good for free or education provided by the state / nation

I merged various crossposts with this topic.

Before I forget. Crossposting is against the forum policy. Another round will not be tolerated.

As to the point of ranting over installation options. If there is one thing I learned more than a decade ago is to always look when installing. It’s a simple thing to do and saves tons of needless and useless frustrations. We all know sponsor progroams or deals are there; just look for them when installing and deselect. I see no moral point in their existence nor will you find me eating the carpet.

I fully agree for free products, not at all for paid products.
There should be an option in CIS installation to remove the request to change browser homepage and search engine to Yahoo if you have a paid version of CIS

Hi Friends,

This behaviour will be changed with the next releases for the paid packages, for your information pls.

Kind Regards
Buket

Good to know :-TU

Thank you Buket. :slight_smile: