Yahoo and PRISM

Now I’m not very knowledgeable on this subject and I wanted to know what you guys think about this. Yahoo refused to comply with PRISM but lost in a secret court. How does this affect you guys/COMODO, if at all?

Yahoo refused to comply with PRISM but lost in a secret court. How does this affect you guys/COMODO, if at all?
I don't think PRISM is about going after small time drug dealers or petty theft. It's more about making an attempt to prevent terrorist attacks, tracking down serial killers, and terrorist organizations. Even though they have info on pretty much everyone, they still need people to look at the information, so they concentrate on people who are considered the baddest of the bad. The top 1%

Hmm these day online privacy is just a dream, so personally don’t care too much if they reading my emails, maybe they learn something :smiley:

VPN without any logs and PGP goes a long way, also encrypt files you upload to cloud sites etc, default deny security system etc.
Your data is unreadable unless they break the passwords, ip-adress hidden without logs pointing to you using it, any government issued spyware should be blocked by security system. (Not complete list, you still have a browser that leaks stuff so disable all plugins and block cookies etc) much more to it.

Yeah, but I bet Windows has built-in spyware. Remember United States v. Microsoft Corporation trial? Maybe that was warning, that Microsoft will be ruined by government, in case Billy G. won’t give the govt’s agencies MS’s products sources or even allow to built spyware in? Maybe he was defending against it, that’s why govt bullied him this way?

I honestly would not be surprised if there is a government backdoor in Windows. However to combat that you might switch over to Linux.

Switch over to Linux AND know everything about hardware and software you’re currently using. That’s not a problem for big companies to integrate physical or software spyware (Sony did that few years ago).