XTrapVa[1].dll detected but not removable by CIS4

I had a XTrapVa[1].dll Trojan on my computer what not was recognized when it went from USB stick to HD. After reboot there was a new Icon (Norton av…exe) And CIS did react. After that CIS could not remove or quarantine it so I had to use Hitmanpro to remove it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

XTrapVa[1].dll
That's a tempary file <--so it'll be easy to remove Go download "ccleaner" like from www.filehippo.com or something After it's installed, run it with Internet explorer and firefox closed After it's done, Run "hitman pro" again

While your at it scan your USB memory stick

You should also disable autoplay to prevent a infected usb memory stick from running again

For vista, go here (download the script to make it easier)
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-autoplay-in-windows-vista/
For xp, go here

1. Click Start
    Collapse this imageExpand this image
    the Start button
    , type Gpedit.msc in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.

2. Under Computer Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, expand Windows Components, and then click Autoplay Policies.

3. In the Details pane, double-click Default Behavior for AutoRun.

4. Click Enabled, and then select Do not execute any autorun commands in the Default Autorun behavior box to disable Autorun on all drives.

5. Restart the computer.

Thanks for the tip but Hitman pro did removed it the first time. I am scared because Comodo did not!

I believe one of the next releases is supposed to greatly improve Comodo’s removal capabilities. I guess we’ll have to wait and see if that’s going to be the case.