Xbox Live

Hi,

For about 6 months I had been using Comodo Internet Security, and had no problems with it and xbox live. I connect my xbox to xbox live through my computer and this didn’t seem to be a problem. However after I installed the new version xbox live will not connect. As this was the only thing that I changed, I can only think that it’s something to do with the firewall. I think I remember a pop-up about the new network and I selected ‘Make myself fully accessible to the network’. My xbox IP has been added to the ‘my network zones’ sections and the application rules include one for ‘Allow system to send requests if the target is in …’ and ‘Allow system to receive requests if the sender is in …’ with my xbox in the network zone specified.

Sorry if I’ve missed a thread on this, the information I found was out of date and I have no idea about ports etc.

Thanks

Andy

You will need to define your local network as a trusted network by using the Stealth Ports Wizard.

First we need to do some groundwork by defining your local network. That is done under Firewall → Common Tasks → My Network Zones.

Usually you will find it defined by the automatic detection of new private networks. You will see a network defined with an IP address/mask like 192.168.1.x/255.255.255.0. Select and Edit it and give it a proper name like My Home Network.

In case it is not there we will define it. Choose Add → A New Network Zone → enter the name: My Home Network → Apply.
Now select My Home Network → Add → A New Address → choose An IP Address Mask → fill in your local IP address in the first part (192.168.1.x; with x being a number) and 255.255.255.0 in the second part.

Now open the Stealth Ports Wizard → select “Define a new trusted network - stealth my ports for everyone else” → Next → select “I would like to like to trust from a network zone previously defined” → from the drop down menu below choose My Home Network → Finish.

Now we are done. You can see the newly added rules under Firewall → Advanced → Network Security Policy → Global Rules.