xbox live have i done it right

Hi
Can anyone tell me if this setup is ok for xbox live on my windows xp media using ics and realtek card.
I can not test at the moment as my xbox 360 is being repaired for the 3 red lights of death.
Thank you

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi dame666,

You messed up the rules. Please bring back the rules as described here https://forums.comodo.com/frequently_asked_questions_faq_for_comodo_firewall/summary_of_network_rules-t5340.0.html;msg39465#msg39465
and then add those 4 rules for XBOX.

Hi
Thanks for taking the time to check out my post im not to sure about what you want me to bring back i assume the xbox rules are ok
Thanks

mybe this one (:AGY)

dame666,

You’re having tons of fun, aren’t you? :wink:

Since I’m here I thought I’d step in and give you a quick hand out of the muck and mire…

Rules ID 11 thru ID 18 are redundant; please highlight each one, one at a time, and click the Remove button to delete them. Or you can hold down the Ctrl key while you highlight, to get all of them at once.

I’m not sure what the details or purpose of Rules ID 7 thru ID 10 is intended to be. They do start the process to Allow Inbound connections, so you really want to be sure you aren’t causing more problems… If they’re related to XBL, I don’t think you need them - the two Zone rules should do everything you need for XBL.

LM

Hi
You could say im having a bit of trouble.Rule 7 is for xbox live and rule ten is for sharing media with my xbox onthe 360 tutorial you had to add a few more rule if you are running windows media center so i think ive done that right.Rules 11 and 12 i got of xbox live tutorial on the forum is suppose to be for ics i think so im not sure if i should get rid of 11 and 12 can you please help.H ere is link to the tutorial which i see youve been involved in https://forums.comodo.com/frequently_asked_questions_faq_for_comodo_firewall/xbox_360_live_tutorial-t4408.0.html
Thanks

Okay, I think I’m with you now. I should note that I’m only referring to your final screenshot, Untitled.jpg. (Note: If you want to clean things up and keep 'em neat, you can actually delete your other posts - where you have nothing but screenshots. You don’t have to, but you can; it might help avoid some confusion).

Rules ID 11 thru 18 are completely redundant. If you look, you’ll see that they are identical (in that screenshot) to rules ID 0 thru 6. Your ICS is ID 0 & 1; it needs to be there, at the top.

Okay, so you’re saying Rule ID 7 is this:

Action = Allow
Protocol = UDP
Direction = In
Source IP = Any
Destination IP = Any
Source port = Any
Destination port = 88

Rule ID 10 is this:
Action = Allow
Protocol = TCP or UDP
Direction = In
Source IP = Any
Destination IP = Any
Source port = Any
Destination port = 3074

And then you should have these as well (for Media Center):
Action = Allow
Protocol = UDP
Direction = In
Source IP = Any
Destination IP = Any
Source port = Any
Destination port = A set of ports = 1900,3776,7777

Action = Allow
Protocol = TCP
Direction = In
Source IP = Any
Destination IP = Any
Source port = Any
Destination port = A set of ports = 3390,3932,5555

So all in all, you should have:
6 default rules,
2 ICS rules
2 general XBL rules
2 Media Center XBL rules

for a total of 12 rules (ID 0 thru ID 11)

LM

so your saying i do not need 11 and 12 igmp which i thought it said in the tutorial you need forwindows internet connection sharing it is actually your post

As a type of (IP) Internet Protocol, IGMP should be covered by the ICS rules (which are to Allow IP where IP Details are Any).

If I recall correctly, my other post was based on some user feedback and research on MS/XBox website. Sometimes due to system specifics, additional rules are needed. In my opinion, there isn’t any point adding more if they are not necessary. I probably should have been more detailed in that post…

Hope that helps,

LM

Ok
Thank you so much for your help i will follow your advice i will not be able to test until i get my xbox back from repair.Hope i do not need to post again ive been trying for weeks to get this right used sygate which is great and easy for windows ics but i really wont to stick with comodo for the added security
Again thank you very much

No problem. Please do post back, though, regardless. If all is well, we’d like to know - that way other users benefit from the topic as well.

LM

ok here is a picture of what ive done does this look ok to you also will it make a difference that i ics through a realtek card on my pc as when i used the define a new trusted zone wizard it did not find this realtek card
Thanks

That looks a lot cleaner than previously. I don’t see any obvious problems or concerns with it.

Regarding the ICS zone for XBL, do you have multiple NIC’s? Or just the Realtek? If it’s just the one NIC, you shouldn’t have a problem; if you have multiple NIC’s, then it might be a little more difficult.

LM

Hi
Just got the realtek nic just wondered if i needed to put it in the define new trusted network or would my xbl network be ok
Thank you

As long as the IP range works, that should be all you need. It’s identifying the network by IP address rather than something like MAC address, so you should be fine.

LM

Hi
My xbl zone should be ok as i have ip as any shouldnt this cover me
Thanks

I saw that; yes, that would take care of pretty much everything. :wink: Your XBL isn’t wireless, is it?

LM

no its wired using windows internet connection sharing

Then you should be all set. Let us know how it goes when you get your box back.

LM

Ok i will Thank you once again for all your help :■■■■