X-Lite and Comodo

I have problems using my X-Lite client for IPtelephony.
I get no connection it seems.
Is there some configuration settings I have to make in Comodo ?

Can you describe the problems in more detail? Do you get an error message from X-Lite?

Try making X Lite trusted application for both the firewall and Defense +. Does that help?

Do you know whether X Lite uses Universal Plug and Play (uPnP) for opening ports on your router (the FAQ and manual don’t mention it)? These type of programs usually need one or more ports open for incoming traffic and usually use uPnP for opening and closing ports.

Hi,
I have a similar problem with X-Litev3, Win7 x64 and CISv4. I can register to my voip provider and make calls but cannot receive any incoming calls except I disable the firewall. Putting X-Lite to the list of trusted applications didn’t help.

Does anybody has an idea how to solve the problem?

I assume you need to open one or more ports for incoming traffic.

The default Global Rules changed from being alerted for incoming traffic on a per case basis to a general block of all incoming traffic (default Stealth).

Open the needed ports in Global Rules following:

To open the port TCP 1723 for example

First step is to determine the MAC or Physical address of you network connector. Go to Start → Run → cmd → enter → a black box will show up and enter the following → ipconfig /all (notice the space before /all) → enter → now look up the Physical address and write it down.

Notice that Physical address = MAC address

Firewall → Advanced → Network Security policy → Global Rules → Add → fill in the following:
Action: Allow
Protocol: TCP
Direction: In
Description: Incoming Port

Source address: Any
Destination Address: Choose MAC address and fill in the found MAC/Physical address
Source Port: Any
Destination Port: 1723

Then push Apply → Now make sure that the new rule is somewhere above the basic block rule(s) as the bottom (the block rules have red icons); you can drag and drop the rules → Ok.

I don’t think that’ll work even I didn’t try exactly that. I added X-Lite to the trusted applications where all ports are allowed for incoming and outgoing traffic, right?

Anyway I found the solution for all who are looking for it. Go to Firewall → Advanced → Firewall Behavior Settings → Advanced (yes it’s very good hidden ;)) and uncheck Block Fragmented IP datagrams. Klick ‘OK’ and you can immediately receive calls without disabling your Firewall :slight_smile:

hf&gl
robert

Congrats with solving the problem. What kind of application is X-Lite?