Wrong message? Bug? [Resolved]

While surfing with Firefox and simultaneously composing a message in outlook, upon switching back to Firefox, Comodo Firewall complained about “…Outlook11.exe has tried to use firefox.exe through OLE automation…”

WTH? I didn’t even click on any links in any e-mail message, there’s no reason why outlook would try to “control” firefox through OLE automation!

I tried 3 times to send the report, but failed all the 3 times, so instead I simply grabbed a screenshot.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Welcome to the forum, MadFooBar.

It would be worthwhile to take a look at this thread: https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,6847.msg50228.html#msg50228

Basic rule to remember is to allow the alert if you recognize both as safe programs, otherwise there is a risk in losing net access until you restart. Digging futher, you will see that cfp version 3 will not have these confusing ole alerts.

Thanks for the answer. I had made a simple search before posting, but now that I recall it, I must have been asleep when choosing the words to search for! :slight_smile:

Looking forward to V3!

Later,
MadFooBar

That’s right. We all look foward to the long-awaited version (:LGH). The search function has been quite off ever since the outage. However, the Advanced Search with the topic titles only option enabled still works.