Wrong/Corrupted Size of backup files on NAS on Win2k [SOLVED]

Hi everyone,
I’m trying to use comodo backup software in the company in which I work but… we have a problem… (yes, like Houston…)

PC is running Windows 2000 (SP4 i think).

Comodo works well when it uses local files, but in our situation we need to copy files from a network access storage (aka LAN drive) to another one.
In that situation many files are copied corrupted, they all have size of 60Kb multiple.
For example:
a file of 16Kb which is copied right.
a file of 476Kb is copied to only 60Kb —> corrupted
a file of 1760 is copied to only 1080Kb ----> corrupted (note that exactly 1080 = 60*18)
ans so on…

Some (small) files are copied well, many more other get corrupted in the destination folder.

I tried all combinations using:
service/user modes;
simple copy/copy with old files removed;
UNC path/mapped network drives;
a network account which has rights to write on both source and destination…

but nothing seems to work, problem happen only when destination is a remote folder.
(When destination is local there’s no problem also when source is remote)

is that a bug? Should I try an older version? Is there a way to solve my problem?

Ok guys, I fixed it! :slight_smile:

Probably it wasn’t a Comodo Backup problem.

I noted that on my personal PC (in which I log with my account that has administrative rights) Comodo was working well.

So I checked OS versions and I found that on our server there wasn’t SP4 installed (for Win2K).
I tried installing SP4 on server but comodo was faulty again.

So I installed also the update rollup for Windows 2000 SP4 (downloaded from MS site) which was already installed on my personal machine and Comodo started working ok.

So the problem was due to some bug in Windows 2000 that has been fixed by “Update Rollup” (named Fix-KB891861-v2 on Microsoft site)

Win2k SP4 : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1001AAF1-749F-49F4-8010-297BD6CA33A0&displaylang=en

Update Rollup: http://www.microsoft.com/DownLoads/details.aspx?familyid=B54730CF-8850-4531-B52B-BF28B324C662&displaylang=en