urhmm… aladinonl actually ur welcome!
1) Knowing there might be a conflict I did not run HIPS in Spyware Terminator. Did not know it was part of Spybot.
tho HIPS is not activated, 2 antisyware at da same time stil can slow u down.
2)Will Hips tell me during an installation that certain files want to run at StartUp That is why I use StartUp Monitor, And Start Up control panel is to try and stop some files from loading after the program is already loaded (there are some like Quick Time and Windows Media Player etc that do not listen and try to sneak in when you go to a new page with out clicking on anything.
dis is an important feature of a HIPS. But some uncomprehensiv HIPS wont monitor registry or startup entry. I dun use ST so i dun kno, SBSD i used long time ago before; but I hope they hav coz ST/SBSD is an AS and AS HIPS should has dis feature.
3) Also did not install Clam.
no, ST's Clam av is fine.no conflict. i use it along with my CAVS
abt Clam, I dun use ST so i dun kno how it utilizes Clam.
but share w u abt clam in winpooch.
Winpooch is an opensource HIPS which can utilize Clam either thru xternal Clam dat u installed in ur PC or its internal Clam.
-thru xternal Clam: winpooch triggers Clam process to scan in real-time and as u kno, how turtle ur comp can become T_T; CPU 99% most of time, high Ram.
-thru internal Clam come w winpooch: better, ~50% CPU, 40M for clam process only. Cant update Clam database as winpooch havnt upgraded since 2006 -->go-along clam havnt upgraded since then and clam server deny all old clam versions (so for Clam, u haf to upgrade after some times in order to update).
4) Problem is that currently there probably are more on the IE black list than VE has on it's white list. Really would like to!
- Would prefer currently to stay with IE7. Thought there might duplication with SG possibly SBSD also wondered if SB might be duplicated some where and which performed the best, it has been a while since SG had an update.
just FYI, besides speed, Opera comes w effectiv popup, script, flash, cookie control. Anti-phing is powered by GeoTrust and PhishTank, 2 reliable org.
6) Windows Defender is one that I had targeted for removal. Since it is Strongly recommended by Microsoft (I know I know its their puppy) , but it just might get into areas that are blocked to other software. Hoped to see 5 or more suggesting why to keep it or remove it.
actually its not so bad, recommended by download.com and pcmag. But if u keep it for on-demand scan, its process ~ 20M means u can haf a mor efficient resource usage w A2 (~2M) w a non-negotiable detection. Mor dan dat, a M$ app dun integrate w xplorer is just stupid. w A2, AVG AS, rite click-->scan, nice.
7) Have A2, and AVG AS set to manul. Not sure why but when I want to update I have to go into services.msc and hit start. I just leave alone and both [u]automatically[/u] STOP. Just checked, manually did updates and scans with both 2-3 days ago and in services.msc both are Stopped.
if ur suffice in RAM, u dun need to set it manul, just coz im usin laptop and speedie so i try to suppress all unneccessay things as much as possible.
urhmm, not sure ur concern tho..
if u set automatically and stop da service after dat, it stil run automatically next time u reboot.
manual, once u start it, it will continue run until u stop it manually. after reboot, it wont run automatically.
IE7 Pro is a plugin with quite a few features. One I like is it stops the ad at the top right of the MSN home page and instead you get a one line Click On to see. Did not check block flash.
Another featue is Crash Recovery. If for some reason you need to close the system other than the normal process through IE when you reboot you will get options of which programs you want to return to by checking the box.
do u haf to pay for di$ ?
Again Thank You for responding, it was a long shot on the 3rd question in the un answered post from Sept. especially since so many programs block DoubleClick. But thought I would have gotten 2-3 replies to question 1 and 2.