GRRRRRREAT! I have just updated using the “update-client.pl”. It updated just fine.
I have used the -f option to disable mod_security for a specific domain and it worked!
Thank you for the quick solution to this.
I have two questions and one suggestion for this new version.
1. Question #1:
As mentioned, I have used -f to disabled a domain. I know the domain is listed in the file cwaf/etc/yml/disabled.yml. There I can see the DISABLED domains.
How can I see the ENABLED domains list? Is there a YML file I can access to see the available domains, since “cwaf-cli.pl --domain_list” doesn’t work?:
list of all domains:
Not available for standalone installation
2. Question #2:
How can I, after initial install of CWAF, disable mod_security for ALL domains and start manually adding the domains I only want to enable mod_security to?
Currently, for me the option “-nd” doesn’t make any sense (e.g. cwaf-cli -nd domain.com). This option is used to Enable Domain to use mod_security. What would make sense is to use instead the option “-ed” (Enable Domain). I understand this option cannot be used since “-ed” is already being used by the exclude rule commands.
So, my suggestion is… why not to simplify the command options and use D for domains and X for exclude rules? So the commands will be more organized and would make more sense:
The output of the following command would be: cwaf-cli.pl -h
-h, --help - this help message
-g, --loglevel - set loglevel (1 - 10)
-v, --version - show client version
-l, --domain_list - show list of domains
-f, --force_domain - apply domain even if it not found
-d, --domain - set domain for exclude operation (global exclude list if not specified)
-xa, --exclude_add [rule_ID1 rule_ID2...] - add rules to exclude list
-xd, --exclude_del [rule_ID1 rule_ID2...] - remove rules from exclude list
-xl, --exclude_list - show list of excluded rules
Disable/enable mod_security for domains:
-dd, --domain_disable [domain1 domain2...] - disable mod_security for domains
-de, --domain_enable [domain1 domain2...] - enable mod_security for domains
-dl, --disabled_list - show list of disabled domains
As you can see the “Exclude rules” commands start with X and the following letter denotes the action (A for add, D for del, L for list).
“Disable/enable mod_security for domains” commands start with D and the second letter is the action (D for disable, E for enable, L for list).
This way each command will be easier to remember, commands are more organized (hence they make more sense now), and standalone installation will be more user friendly.
This is my humble opinion and suggestion. :azn: