Workaround for the 99% CPU Problem with the latest Virus DB Updates

Or better yet, why wasn’t this caught before “going live”? ??? :-[

Edit: Just did the fix. Hasn’t helped the massive disk I/O slog when the DB updates.

Well done! Three or more hours of my life are gone >:( :-TD

I have used the Vista´s restore point, so I have many things to repair :-[

I used your product 2,3 months. There were no problems. Simple and perfect. I was very pleased.
I installed it first on XP. Then on my second computer that has Win 7.
Again, I feel happy and secure. There were no problems.

Today was couplating DAY after your facking update. SORY amatures developers. I Launches my first computer and complete block. Run second computer. Too. After 5 hours lost and reinstal XP. Found that Commodus is firewall block my OS. cmdagent.exe in taskmanager show 100% CPU usage.

You are amateurs. Not only ■■■■■■■ up mycomputers. Well, I lost many time. Never use Komodo. .

Merged by EricJH

I have tried reinstalling but now it won’t update.
I have tried rebooting a number of times but still no updates
Any suggestions please
Thanks

It could very well be that because of all the trouble the update servers are busy…

JUST FOR TESTING please try to download this and see if the download works, after that delete the file…
http://download.comodo.com/av/updates311/sigs/updates/BASE_UPD_END_USER_v2524.cav

I got hit w/ the same influx of phone calls this morning and was not a happy camper.

I consult for a number of small businesses, and spent the better part of the day fixing this issue for people. I couldn’t even charge for it, b/c more often than not, I had recommended the product.

Ahwell. It’s not like Microsoft, Apple or even Ubuntu haven’t released updates/patches that crashed a system from time to time. No one’s perfect.

Thanks for your trouble but Windows does not recognize this file so i am not able to open it.

If it is that the servers are busy then tomorrow will be OK with me.
Regards

Absolutely. This is completely shameful. I am a consultant trying to meet a deadline and both OS’es on my computer were dead unresponsive. The mouse cursor would even stop tracking. Since two different versions of Windows had the problem, I spent 6 hours replacing hardware bit by bit. Finally I have the patience to wait 15 minutes for task manager to show up and there is cmdagent, completely paralyzing my system.

Rest assured this is my last Comodo experience.

That is why my pc freaked out today!I thought that I something messed up… I Had to reinstall CIS

Besides being irritating, time-wasting and totally unacceptable, think about all the CIS users that don’t come to this forum and don’t have a clue why their computers are literally frozen up and won’t function. Is Comodo going to release some kind of a patch or updated virus database signature that will automatically correct this huge problem on computers that have a database version 2525, 6, or 7 that cause this problem with bases.cav? As many people as there are worldwide that use CIS, and only a very small percentage of those visit the Comodo forums, I bet there are a bunch of computer users worldwide, whose computers are not functioning very well right now.

It is fixed

i always went to comodo for my security till this issue…

and this my first post here. i dont want a workaround… i want a sound and reliable security product.

will be using MS security essentials for a while… Maybe comodo 4 will bring me back…

While I hate to beat a dead horse, this one needs to be beaten! Severely!!!

I am pretty computer savvy but it took me 4 hours to figure out it was the Comodo update that killed my PC. Thankfully only 1 of 5 was running and got the demon update but it WAS my main PC. Even after the “so called fix” of replacing the file, my Firefox still crashed out the first time I used it.

I am still weary of this and also sad that it scored so low in the PC World tests!!!

How many grandmas and grandpas are out there STILL STRUGGLING to use their PCs from this failed update?!

INEXCUSABLE!!!

And how is it fixed, not just worked-around, for computers that have the CIS virus database 2525 or later already installed and are literally frozen up?

I booted up at 4:30PM EST, my DB is 2525, and I have no problems whatsoever. It was the first boot of the day. I would think if it wasn’t fixed, I would have the problem.

I noticed the COMODO logo (top-left of these forum pages) and read with great interest the ‘hype-line’ underneath…
Creating Trust Online. ???
I am a software development tester (amongst other things) and this situation is beyond the pale.
Fortunately for me I had this ■■■■■■ pinned-down pretty quick (around an hour) but am still in the process even now of repairing the ■■■■ that this ‘bug’ (if it can be called that) may have left in its trail. Not to mention the fact that a rather large software launch may have to be put back a day to next Tuesday because the lead tester’s machines have all gone ‘troppo!’ Yes, it only took me an hour to sort out to this point but my window of opportunity to work has gone and I can’t get back to the job for 24 hours now.
Yes yes, I should be using Norton etc… but the fact is that I have avoided ‘No-ton’ since about 98 (I think it was) because they launched a branded uninstaller that couldn’t itself be uninstalled - good god almighty! Was this lack of detail, was this a cynical marketing ploy? who knows but since then Mr. N and me have not been on speaking terms.
So what about COMODO now? I tried COMODO as a test mainly over a year ago and loved it. I test for a medium sized company that offers free, trial and full (pay) versions software and the COMODO ethos seemed to be one I recognized and understood. Today I feel differently. Had I been responsible for this kind of thing in my place of work I would have been sacked… no warning, no bullpoo, no excuses. This is tantamount to serving rotten meat to all the customers in a restaurant. The effect of this has the potential to kill-off every bit of marketing COMODO has accomplished so far.
Anyone thinking that I’m overstating things had better wise-up because I’m dumping COMODO today!
I’m not angry or anything like that - I’m simply stating the fact that, just like everyone else in the world who relies on their computers for work, I cannot live with a risk like this hanging over me. If nobody at COMODO has the sense to test an update before it goes live to EVERY CUSTOMER THEY HAVE then they deserve whatever comes from it.

Would COMODO carelessly send out an email to every one of their customers that had the effect of telling them to f*ck-off?..
well they pretty much just have.
One thing they have not done - as far as I know - is email us all to let us know (or in some other way, announce to the world) that there is a problem. No, we have to mess around all day - call expensive repair and maintenance people - stop work - reinstall whole systems (holy cow!) and finally drag our arses here to some tiny forum and search out this well-hidden message.
YES, well hidden! My job involves making software actually bloody usable for ordinary people who don’t want to know how it was developed etc… blah. So what’s the use of calling this thread “Workaround for the 99% CPU Problem with the latest Virus DB Updates” ??? What the hell does that mean to my Mum?
I’m entirely serious when I say that my advice to software publishers (and I mean I actually DO advise software publishers - and they LISTEN!) is to call things what they are and ensure that customers understand… This thread should be called something like “Computer with COMODO installed booting really slow.” or words to that effect because there will be a million people out there right now running safe-mode desperately trying to find an answer and ignoring the gobledygook above that says 99% cpu problems with database etc, blah blah, blah…
…I certainly didn’t bother looking here. “What… COMODO wrecking my system - no way.” I said to myself, “can’t be that.”

Well now I know better!

Quoting Egemen in the first post on this thread, “Because of an issue with the latest virus database, some computers might observe significant CPU consumption problems caused by cmdagent.exe.” The problem isn’t fixed, it is just worked-around. Not all computers running CIS with virus database 2525 or later experienced this problem, but only a workaround has been supplied so far for the ones that did. You must be one of the users who were not affected by this problem.

I have two desktops that were affected by this problem, and after uninstalling and reinstalling CIS on the first computer and performing the workaround on the second computer, both computers have CIS database 2524 and both say that the virus database is up to date. Virus database updates 2525, 26, and 27 have been removed by Comodo from automatically downloading, but they haven’t provided anything other than a workaround for people who had this problem. Anyone who had this problem and hasn’t visited this forum is still out of luck, unless they stumbled on the fact that CIS was the cause of this problem and performed a uninstall and reinstall of CIS after virus database versions 2525, 26, and 27 were removed from automatically downloading.

got to say im properly disappointed by this …i figured it out soon enough but it must have been a nightmare for many people and has caused loads of grief

you havent scored any points here either for the mistake or the way its been dealt with
and thats sad…because the product is a good one and i fear this will be the end of the line for many folks

There was no reason to uninstall CIS. Just delete the offending DB and redownload the one that doesn’t cause the problem and voila!, fixed. They removed the bad DB and the one on the server now is fine. That is not just a workaround, that’s a fix.

I’m a very disappointed with problem. The comunication about this been very, very, very poor. Today uninstalled 50 stations. The Comodo CIS database maybe will be tested better in the future, but, the comunication about problems need be much more
effective, clear and visible! The Comodo Company will able to obtain respect so?
I think not.
Technicians around the world had to give explanations for the yours blunders. An official statement on the problem and a fix easier for users could improve it his image. Sorry about poor english. :-TD