Word 2007 SP1 Crashes with CAVS Installed [Resolved]

Hi,

Every time I save a documant and then close Microsoft Office Word 2007 SP1 it crashes:

Faulting application winword.exe, version 12.0.6211.1000, stamp 46d4a7df, faulting module hpz3r5ha.dll, version 61.71.244.0, stamp 45f91d42, debug? 0, fault address 0x000467e8.

Only crashes with CAVS installed and started after I installed service pack 1 for Microsoft Office 2007.

I just uninstalled CAVS and no more crash. Notice it is the HP printer driver that is crashing. I have the HP Photosmart C4380 series printer. Just contacted HP about it and they said either antivirus is causing the problem or word itself, so thats how I figured out it was in fact CAVS.

Thanks for the help,

Will

Hey Will, sorry it took so long to get here. I have read another post documenting this same issue. That user was unable to find a fix to it. It seems as if it is a bug within the Current Comodo 2… beta version. Fortunately (or unfortunately), however you want to look at it, Comodo is pouring all of its resources into completing the new CAVS 3 beta so there will not be any new fixes for Beta 2.

Hopefully when it comes out, you will consider trying CAVS again.

Dave

Indeed, will do. Thanks!

Not a problem at all :slight_smile: Since your question has been answered I’m going to lock this topic and mark it as resolved. If you have any other questions please make a new thread, or if it concerns this issue PM myself or another moderator with the link to this thread so that we may reopen it.

Dave