Wizard guide after installation for CIS [M681]

1. What version of CIS, or Comodo Firewall, are you currently using:
CIS 7.0.315459.4132

2. What actually happened or you saw:
After installing CIS users are forced to either leave it at default settings, pay for Geekbuddy help, or go online and search for advice. There is no built-in wizard which can help users to configure CIS to their own liking.

3. What you wanted to happen or see:
Make a WIZARD GUIDE (step-by-step), which starts just after installation and shows users how to set up CIS. This wizard could maybe show some tips about HIPS, sandbox, game mode, security profiles (the profiles that we can choose with the right click), etc. These are simple things that can make CIS be the real deal for users that don’t fully trust in it yet.

If possible it could also perhaps ask the user a few questions about how involved they want to be with their security program and configure CIS accordingly.

4. Why you think it is desirable:
This would make CIS easier to use and more comfortable, especially for new users.

5. Any other information:
NA

sometimes simple means idiot - sorry for my english
;D
i agree with you and i do not know yet the secret of the security profile … hoping your answer will learn me that.

It is a great idea, yro :slight_smile:
I think it might be some kind of choice in the level of protection profiles during installation or the first run.
Another idea is to have a repository in the cloud with different profiles, from simple to advanced pre defined. I think it would greatly facilitate the day to day and be updated.

Thats great but to force users to go into some kind of knowledge base will simple not work. The great would be if they make a wizard with the steps to configure CIS, choose the best configurations for home/enterprise/etc and point the links for the tips about these different profiles… well, thats my guess.

well… to have a knowledge base for CIS 7 and EVERY options and specifications in there would be really good for users like me. and this knowledge base need to be translated into many languages as possible.

Yes of course, I agree with you. Options with information relevant to choice.
One of the points I like most is the freedom when I have to set the settings in the CIS.

My vote is that these resources are soon in our pcs :slight_smile:

This is a very interesting wish. I like the idea. However, please edit your first post so that it is in the format provided in this topic. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks.

Exellent suggestion!

yro, no offense was meant about the format. This is so that users will be able to fully understand the wish, and vote accordingly. I hope you can now see how helpful it is in organizing the wish.

I have edited your first post, and added a poll. Please look over them and let me know if they accurately reflect your wish. I hope you don’t mind, but I also added an extra part. Let me know if you like it.

Thanks.

Good idea :-TU
+1

I just saw that. Love You dude :stuck_out_tongue:

Now lets go into business… The edits you made are great. I understand your point. But, please, understand ours. Its a real pain in the … to have to follow every formats, etc., so we can just post some wish or even a bug report…

Anyway, lets hope comodo ceo come in here and see what we want. :slight_smile:

I understand your thoughts about the Wish format. However, if a simple format is not implemented (such as this one) I have seen from experience that many wishes become confusing and disorganized. This therefore makes it very difficult for many users (including those who may not have the strongest English skills) to follow. Thus, the format helps in those areas by organizing the information in a logical way.

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now reset the poll and moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again.

I would like to thank everyone who has voted on this particular enhancement. As there have been 20 or more votes, and more than 75% of those votes were positive, I have added this to the tracker for consideration by the devs. However, do note that even though this wish will be considered by the devs, it does not necessarily mean that it will be implemented. I will update this topic when I have any additional information.

Thank you.