(Withdrawn) Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.4.397159.309 Released!!!

nono… i just think that with the problems with valkyrie right now ccav, because its bases on cloud, is not for me at the moment…

i think it has the potential to be my primary security software (atleast the perfect companion to win 10 defender) but we are not there yet. it need a little bit more time to grow and becomes that…

Of course:
http://kepfeltoltes.hu/160815/987025559K_pkiv_g_s_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

Hi vitim,

Today CCAV is capable of giving you the seamşless protection by its unique Valkyrie system and Cloud based av database . We are improving the system processes to provide best protection with the best user experience. You will be always protected with CCAV. What is more, it is being improved day by day with dynamic releases which makes the product to become a more promising one as an asset for future .

Kind Regards
Buket

Help me understand please, where is it failing you as a security product? Where is it allowing the malware to infect you?

He is referring in general to disadvantages of cloud computing. If you rely on the cloud then a good Internet connection is necessary (for increased usability).
(That’s my translation.)

Sure, but i was trying to understand exactly what the issue was…is it security? If so what aspect?..is it usability? if so what aspect? so that we can improve.

ok. let me try to explain better.

with ccav as main protection I have 3 problems:

• the valkyrie results takes too long to be showed;
  • the files marked as pending for valkyrie analyses takes too long to be marked as safe or not;
  • ccav does not has an feature (or behaviour) that allows me to mark an file as trusted and so ccav will ignore this file forever as I manualy marked it as trusted.

these 3 situations makes ccav not goog enough for my daily use (and so my customers who i installed ccav too).

I agree ccav has the potential to be great, and in fact its becoming it, but its not there yet. It needs some features we had on cis, the possibility to manualy mark files to be ignored by valkyrie, and we need more control over what valkyrie will send to cloud. for instance, I want to set ccav to only send files lesser than 1mb and the other files will be identifyed by myself as trusted or not (the ones that sandbox or valkyrie will lock as unknow).

I guess it could be a good start point to hav somekind of local database with hash, crc, sha, etc., for system files and crucial files as hardware drivers, etc. so these files will not be marked as unknow and will not be sent to the cluod.

I had an situation that I can explain like this: I did a fresh install of win 10 aniversary pro x64, disabled defender and smartscreem, installed hardware drivers and installed ccav. then I reboot the computer. now, everytime I start this computer ccav lock some amd drivers files as unknow and send it to the cloud but without any veredict for days. so my amd drivers (radeon crimson) cant run, so windows 10 can not recognize the driver installed, so windows 10 will try to update the driver by windows update, but then the ccav will lock some of these files as unknow files… and it goes on and on in a circle. this could be prevented if i could mark these files as trusted and to be completely ignored by ccav/valkyrie, but I cant. Dont know why, but I cant. I mark these files as trusted but they always get locked as unknow…

so i unninstalled ccav and rolled back to windows defender as Im waiting for cis 10 with its local based signatures and local/user based ratings.

again, ccav is going to be a great security software, but not yet.

there is the problem with internet stats on ccav too. If im not online ccav keep showing me the message that ccav is not fully functioning. I guess you could add an option so user can configure ccav to “knows” that we are without internet connection and do not show these informations. this is annoyn… just that.

what about the wishe request about the main gui of ccav? is that ignored melih?

Hi Guys

Because of a major problem, the version has been withdrawn to the previous version for today. We will update you guys for the next release information at the earliest time.

Kind Regards
Buket

Hello Guys,

Just to inform you, there will be a new release by 17th of August, wait for the latest version of CCAV ! :slight_smile:

We would like to clarify that the problem that has been fixed is about the server communication problem; tomorrow we will come up with the new version !

Kind Regards
Buket