Wish for auto activation/deactivation of individual rules based on time [M1042]

1. What version of CIS, or Comodo Firewall, are you currently using:
Comodo Firewall 7.0.315459.4132

2. What actually happened or you saw:
There were no way to enable or disable individual rules based on time schedule or screensaver

3. What you wanted to happen or see:
I wanted to be able to enable/disable individual rules by editing them and set a time schedule or screensaver

4. Why you think it is desirable:
It can really turn this firewall into a flexible time-machine, being able to enable rules at specific time of the day, it allows full bandwidth control for all windows programs, full control of when kids can play online games etc.

5. Any other information:
The user can edit any rule, whether global or application, like this:

1. Highlight rule
  2. Right click and edit rule
  3. Inside the rule he can choose among these options:
  • Enable this rule if screensaver activates, but don’t disable when screensaver deactivates again

• Enable this rule if screensaver activates and disable when screensaver deactivates again

• Disable this rule if screensaver activates, but don’t enable when screensaver deactivates again

• Disable this rule if screensaver activates and enable when screensaver deactivates again

• Enable this rule [daily, weekly, or several days from calendar] between xx:xx o’clock and yy:yy o’clock

• Disable this rule [daily, weekly or several days from calendar] between xx:xx o’clock and yy:yy o’clock

Thanks so much for this.

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have added a poll. Please look it over and see if everything looks okay. If it is then I will forward this to the Waiting Area for voting.

Thanks again.

Everything ok

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now reset the poll and moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again.

I would like to thank everyone who has voted on this particular enhancement. As this wish has accumulated the necessary 15 points I have added this to the tracker for consideration by the devs. However, do note that even though this wish will be considered by the devs, it does not necessarily mean that it will be implemented. I will update this topic when I have any additional information.

Thank you.