wireless breakdown following updated

Hi

I’ve just updated Comodo firewall following the prompt to do so. It works fine on my desktop, but my netbook won’t connect to any websites - it times out - despite what’s described as a good connection. I’ve done restores and re-upgraded a couple of times to check it out and it’s definitely the firewall that’s the problem. I’m staying with V5.0.163652.1142 for the time being. Anyone have any suggestions. The firewall has worked fine until now. Windows firewall is off. XP’s the system. Microsoft security essentials and Superantispyware active.

Thanks in anticipation ???

Hi

I put this query on CIS bug page but maybe it should be here. Sorry about duplication.
I’ve just updated Comodo firewall following the prompt to do so. It works fine on my desktop, but my netbook won’t connect to any websites - it times out - despite what’s described as a good connection and signal strength. I’ve done restores and re-upgraded a couple of times to check it out and it’s definitely the firewall that’s the problem. I’m staying with V5.0.163652.1142 for the time being. Anyone have any suggestions? The firewall has worked fine until now. Windows firewall is off. XP’s the system. Microsoft security essentials and Superantispyware active. Would I be better off installing the new CIS 2011 and removing the current virus and anti spyware programs?

Thanks in anticipation ???

What do the firewall logs show? Can you post a screenshot of them? They are in View Firewall Events.

Also try temporarily disabling MSE and SAS.

Try following No network connection after using Stealth Ports Wizard (DHCP Broken).

I am answering in the duplicate topic in the install/setup help board.

I’ll merge with the duplicate topic.

If a distinct bug/issue arises out of this, please ask a Mod to transfer back to the bugs/issue board.

Best wishes

Mouse

Thanks for the advice. The situation has changed. I set the upgrade in motion then aborted after the system hung at the “copying cfp.ico file.” The system tray has changed to the new red one however. I retried the upgrade and the system hung at the “copying framework.dll file”. The installation didn’t prompt for a reboot on either of these occasions, unlike the first time, after which my wireless connection failed.

I set youtube running, which gave rise to umpteen arrows on the system shield, but “Active connections” shows no activity, nor are there any events on the “Firewall events page”. DHCP is enabled and I am connected, but the firewall is behaving oddly.

I’ve attached screen shots illustrating the above:

[attachment deleted by admin]

I am seeing some weird looking things in Active Connections. A program called 4. Then I see g System. May be errors because of an incomplete update of gui files?). What service is BecHelper Service?

May be the above is all benign. But since the installation basically failed I suggest to do a clean install. To do so uninstall, reboot, run this clean up tool and try again.

Thanks for that EricJH. I’ve uninstalled, cleaned up, re-installed and it works a treat. Bechelper belongs a 3 mobile broadband dongle. There’s no sign now of g but there is a “4” which appears to be the PID (something to do with port ID??) assigned to various Microsoft Services as seen in the attached ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

I see. Now it says System with PID 4. On the previous installation it showed file with name 4 and PID 4. The clean install fixed it.