i m using win xp sp3
whenever i restart my pc,it auomatically changes windows theme. it changes from windows classic into windows xp. and sometimes it changes from windows xp into windows classic.
why this happens? is this hard disk problem? and sometimes when i turn off my pc then it automatically starts my pc instead of turning off.
help me out in this problem…
Sounds like you could have catched a malware.
its not malware. i scanned with cis…
nothing identified by cis
You can do these steps:
- Scan with MBAM; just to make sure this isn’t caused by malware.
- Go to Start → Run → type services.msc and press Enter. Find the Themes service and make sure it is Started and set to Automatic.
- Scroll down to the line 214 on this page and run the registry file Windows XP Style Changes to Windows Classic.
- Scroll down to the line 187 on above mentioned page. Download and run the “Restore Themes Functionality” registry file.
- Scroll down to the line 271 on the same page to Stuck in Classic View. Click the Undo Now link.
Report back if you still haven’t managed to solve it.