Windows XP SP3 locks up after latest update CIS (V3.0.12 X32)

# CPU (32 bit or 64 bit)
AMD Athlon 64 X2 +5000

# Operating System information (including Service Pack Version)
Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 SP 3.0

# Actively-running security and utility applications (Optional if you post a Comodo Firewall Pro Configuration Report)
CIS report attached (Avira AntiVir Personal)

# Specific symptoms of the bug, and steps you can take to reproduce it (step by step).
After updating to the latest build of CIS (3.13.120417.573) (I only use the firewall component though, did not install the AV component) yesterday via the auto updater everything seemed fine before I went to bed and put my computer into hibernation. The trouble started after awaking from hibernation. I noticed it took significantly longer to get out of hibernation and after logging in windows started to lock up, not truly crash since I could still move my mouse cursor around but other than that I couldn’t do anything else but to hit the reset button. Anyway when rebooting I noticed it took longer than usual for the system to be ready for use just like when coming out of hibernation and sure enough windows started to lock up soon after.

# Specific steps you have taken to try to resolve it.
At that point I started thinking what software I recently installed/updated and Comodo CIS came to mind. So I disabled the CIS helper service which would normally automatically be started and rebooted, after doing that the lockups have not reoccurred again and booting up windows went back to it’s usual speed.

# Brief description of your Defense+ and Firewall+ mode (Custom, Train with safe) plus mention if you modified any setting in ADVANCED section of D+ and F+ (Optional if you post a Comodo Firewall Pro Configuration Report)
CIS report attached

# If you pc reboots or you have a BSOD post in BSODs: Please add your minidump files here
No minidumps to be found because comp did not truly crash.

# Report if you are using an Administrator account Or a Limited User account. Vista users please Report if you have UAC Disabled or Enabled (Optional if you post a Comodo Firewall Pro Configuration Report)
CIS report attached (Admin account)

Anyhow I currently re-enabled the default windows firewall and disabled CPF in the hopes you guys can fix this bug soon. I also took a look in the event viewer, there we no events logged in the application log but there were a bunch of error events in the system log relating to some IDE disk timeouts which were very likely the cause of the lockups I attached two screen shots.

I hope this description is detailed enough to help you guys replicate and eventually squash this bloody annoying bug. I’ve been an happy CFP user for a long time but causing a system to become completely unworkable does cost you guys some credits, but not enough yet to loose me as user though ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]