Windows Update

I have tried searching these forums for a solution to my problem but I have found none.

Basically, when I do a windows update I get the following error message.

The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem. Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem (error number 0x80072EFD) yourself.

When I turn off my Comodo Firewall it works fine. Can someone help me setup rules to allow Windows Update to function.

Under my Application Monitor I have “System” and “Svchost.exe” set to allow, even though I would prefer that they ask.

Try this rule:

[b]ALLOW-check the checkbox
TCP
IN

Source IP: choose Name: update.microsoft.com
Dest. IP: any or your IP address
Source Port: any
Dest. Port: any[/b]

Put the rule at the top of the list in Network Monitor. You might need to reboot your PC to get the rules list to refresh.

Hope this helps.

If this doesn’t work go to your Activity log and see what else is being blocked.

jasper

I did as you said. Still no luck.

If you disable Network Monitor does update work?

I just tested mine and under the Security > Application Monitor section I have the rule ANY ANY TCP/UDP OUT ALLOW for IE so I know it works with only the OUT rule there.

Are you using the default rules from the original installation? If not make sure all of your allow rules are above the block rules as the list is read from top to bottom.

jasper