Windows security updates

Firstly,I apologise if this question has already been asked/answered in another thread.I actually commented yesterday in someones thread about my problem.After installing this months MS updates, 3 days ago Comodo then kept asking me if I wanted to allow access to the internet to all my programs that had already been allowed,as if I was using Comodo for the first time.Since then I have been getting alerts about explorer.exe may be hijacking svchost.I had to allow, otherwise I lost my internet connection,after reading similar concerns on this forum,I eventually checked the box to remember my decision.Today while surfing I got another alert saying explorer.exe may be trying to hijack firefox can someone reassure me at all.One more thing,yesterday in a bit of a panic I decided to uninstall and reinstall Comodo.In order to use firefox and thunderbird I had to allow them to act as server,is this normal.Can anyone advise me on these two things,much appreciated. :■■■■

There have been a lot of posts about the same problems - some of the changes after the latest MS updates seem to have resulted in unusual behaviour. I am trying to find out more information on these latest updates.

:SMLR

Source: https://forums.comodo.com/help/sychostexe-t11762.0.html

Crypto whatchamajig is basically CFP detecting a version change in the applications that attempt internet connection. So some M$ files have recently changed due to their updates.

Previously, these M$ files were covered by CFP’s safelist, and since most users prefer to keep the default Do not show any alerts for applications certified by COMODO option on, they didn’t see such alerts.

Thanks for the very speedy replies, much appreciated :■■■■

What’s the latest word on this? Will there be some kind of work-around for this at the Comodo end (and it sounds like an update to the safelist is needed), or is it a matter of waiting for MS to fix whatever it was their updates messed up?

It’s a matter of CFP safelist update, which won’t happen until version 3 arrives. In the meantime, you have to allow these alerts because the only real difference is users who leave the default option enabled (don’t show alerts for apps cert by Comodo) actually automatically allowed these alerts without realizing (i.e. no alerts) because these M$ files are safe.