Windows notifies me, that CIS is not running while it is. I get the security error message as shown on the screenshot, that I should run CIS, even though it already is. This occured during AV DB update and is quite confusing.
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x32
[attachment deleted by admin]
- Go to control panel and open Administrative tools.
- Click on services.
- Go down to Windows Managament Instrumentation.
- Stop this service. Stop Security Center service too.
Let them to Automatically start.
- Exit out of this area to your desktop.
- Right click Start and choose Explore.
- Go to c:\windows\system32\wbem\repository.
Delete this subdirectory ONLY. Let the others there.
Sometimes, only using Unlocker, MoveOnBoot or Delete FXP you can delete these files.
- Exit back to your desktop and reboot your computer (maybe you need to boot twice).
This will rebuild the deleted folder and the database. Once restarted, Windows Security Center should show the correct info and antivirus and firewall should now be recoginized.