Windows - low on registry space

I keep getting this popup

Windows - Low On Registry Space : The system has reached the maximum size allowed for the system part of the registry. Additional storage requests will be ignored.
; often whenever I install a new program and allow the installation in comodo, or purge.

I noticed that in the registry the only software in ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Software’ is comodo taking up over a quarter of the registry of 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM' - 6.4mb out of 25mb.

I had this problem before and switched to Online Armor and it went away, but switched back a few months ago and here it is again.

Any suggestions? Personally I prefer Comodo, but this bugs the hell out of me.

P.S. Xp pro sp3, 4gb Ram, 2.66ghz dual core, 2tb internal

[attachment deleted by admin]

This should be happening on XP, from what ive read the limit for XPs registry is set quite high.

There are a couple of suggestions herehttp://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/62234/ which mention trying NTREGOPT http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/ but it may be worth backing up before.
One thing i would do is go to Firewall/Advanced/Network security policy/Application rules and select the “Purge” button.
Also go to Defence+/Advanced/Computer Security Policy and hit the Purge button, also try deleting an entry or maybe setting some applications as “Trusted”

Do you have a lot of entries in “Computer security policy”?, And what version of CIS are you on?

Also what size do you have for your Virtual Memory?

Matt

CIS was the latest
I’ve tried NTREGOPT, it didn’t do anything. Tried deleting, rebuilding paging file etc.

As far as I can tell, it’s the registry as a whole that has no limit, however I have the 3GB switch in the boot ini and I ound a a post…

... I found an obscure post which told me that the /3G switch moves memory from the system to the user area; removing the switch from boot.ini & rebooting solved the problem immediately.

So because Comodo stores here, this part of the registry gets bigger and bigger.

btw, I purge both network and Computer Security Policys about once a week.