Windows Live Messenger 8.1 unable to connect

Hello all!

I’ve recently installed Comodo Firewall Pro, but I couldn’t login to Windows Live Messenger… I gave it full access to the internet in program management, and the Messenger built-in troubleshooter didn’t find any errors, but the fact is that I couldn’t make a connection.

Now I’m using ZoneAlarm, but I’d rather use Comodo, since I have better references and the interface is more appealing.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Welcome, Renato (:WAV)

See if this helps - it’s a link straight to one user’s explanation of his rules (with MSN Live Mess working fine). https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,4680.msg45982.html#msg45982 The whole thread may be helpful to you, too. Unfortunately, Ingro didnt’ follow up, so I don’t know how things worked out…

Basically, it sounds like you shouldn’t have to do anything special for it to work. If you reinstall CFP, be sure to:

Completely uninstall ZA first.

Disable/turn off any active/real-time/on-access security applications (AV, AS, HIPS, file/registry guards, etc).

Then if you run into problems with Live Mess, the first thing to check is to switch the FW’s Security Level to Allow All to see if it will work. If it does, we know it’s a problem with rules.

LM

Greetings,
Solution for those behind a router:

Security --> Advance --> Advance Attack Detection and Prevention --> Miscellaneous Tab

unmark the following:

• Block fragmented IP datagrams
  • Do protocol analysis

That should do it.

Thanks,
rki.