windows defrag

can somebody tell me how to get comodo files defraged.
Volume (C:)
Volume size = 7.81 GB
Cluster size = 4 KB
Used space = 6.94 GB
Free space = 893 MB
Percent free space = 11 %

Volume fragmentation
Total fragmentation = 14 %
File fragmentation = 26 %
Free space fragmentation = 3 %

File fragmentation
Total files = 34,781
Average file size = 261 KB
Total fragmented files = 9
Total excess fragments = 3,521
Average fragments per file = 1.10

Pagefile fragmentation
Pagefile size = 768 MB
Total fragments = 2

Folder fragmentation
Total folders = 4,536
Fragmented folders = 1
Excess folder fragments = 0

Master File Table (MFT) fragmentation
Total MFT size = 68 MB
MFT record count = 39,462
Percent MFT in use = 56 %
Total MFT fragments = 3

Fragments File Size Files that cannot be defragmented
4 33 MB \Documents and Settings\Charles Blum\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\0ofjkz9r.default\urlclassifier3.sqlite
62 41 MB \System Volume Information_restore{59ADCA61-1615-4A02-9C1E-20A96FA57FCA}\RP57\A0045218.msi
25 82 MB \Program Files\Spyware Doctor\avdb\201010110141\VIRSCAN7.DAT
17 108 MB \Documents and Settings\Charles Blum\My Documents\A0043069.rbf
1,016 108 MB \System Volume Information_restore{59ADCA61-1615-4A02-9C1E-20A96FA57FCA}\RP56\A0043069.rbf
20 108 MB \Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\scanners\bases.cav
9 108 MB \Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\repair\bases.cav

[attachment deleted by admin]

You can’t defrag opened files in gui mode.

In order to do it, you have to run defrag in full dos mode.

Use a defrag program that can defrag during boot time.

Not sure how it does, but Defraggler from Piriform seems to be able to defrag these files. Kind regards

For boot time defragmentation use Puran Defrag (freeware).

How does this program compare to well known commercial products like Diskeeper or Perfect Disk?

I never used the other two as they’re not freewares.
What I can say is that the defragmentation technology does not have that much change from one program to another. I’d rather Auslogic Disk Defrag, but Puran has other features and works very good at boot time.

Generally, the commercial defrag utilities are faster than the Windows defragger and also have more customization,reporting and flexibility options aside from the ‘pure’ defrag features such as being able to defrag system files (MFT, Page file), defrag in low space, defrag several volumes simultaneously etc.

From the freeware options, I agree that there isn’t all that much of a difference between the various utilities since most lack the features of the payware counterparts, and it usually boils down to the question of liking a specific UI or other minor feature. :slight_smile:

Specially in the core of the program, i.e., defragmenting files/folders (and not other features like scheduling, etc.).