A. The bug/issue
- What you did: Installed Win 8 Prox64 with Windows Defender and then Comodo Firewall (free)
- What actually happened or you actually saw:
a) With Comodo Firewall & Defense+ running, Win Defender doesn’t turns off in short order and won’t restart without manually restarting the Servic
b) With Defense+ disabled, Win Defender will restart from it’s own Start button and will run for 5-15 minutes before turning off
- What you expected to happen or see: Both would work at the same time, as with Win 7
- How you tried to fix it & what happened: Started by uninstalling SAS Pro, but that didn’t do it (MS Action Center doesn’t even seem to recognize SAS Pro as anti-sypware); then disabled Defense+ (have not uninstalled Comodo).
- If its a software compatibility problem have you tried the compatibility fixes (link in format)?:
- Details & exact version of any software (execpt CIS) involved (with download link unless malware):
- Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen:
- Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons):
B. Files appended. (Please zip unless screenshots).
0. A diagnostics report file (Click ‘?’ in top right of main GUI) Required for all issues):
- Screenshots of the 6.0 Killswitch Process Tab (see Advanced tasks ~ Watch Activity) or 5.x Active process list. If accessible, required for all issues:
- Screenshots illustrating the bug:
- Screenshots of related CIS event logs:
- A CIS config report or file.
- Crash or freeze dump file:
- Screenshot of More~About page. Can be used instead of typed product and AV database version.
C. Your set-up
- CIS version, AV database version & configuration used:
- a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from from a previous version of CIS:
b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
- a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
- Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.):
- Defense+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall & AV security levels: D+/HIPS= , ASB/BB= , Firewall = , AV =
- OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type:
- Other security and utility software currently installed:
- Other security software previously installed at any time since Windows was last installed:
- Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box):
I installed Win 8 Pro x64 in a dual boot system with Win 7 early in December, along with Comodo Firewall (free) and SAS Pro, turning Windows Firewall off. Several days ago I noticed that Win Defender was off and hadn’t run a scheduled scan since Dec 9. Restarting the service doesn’t hold for more than a minute or two. Although with Win 7 I haven’t had any problem with SAS Pro and MSE running together, the common place to look first is an antivirus conflict. But a little experimentation, including completely uninstalling SAS Pro, program and all registry mentions, leads me to think that’s not it. In fact, under “Spyware and Unwanted software protection,” the Action Center doesn’t even recognize SAS Pro as running.
What it does recognize is Defense+ and Win Defender, although the warning is about computer speed not conflict. Still, as soon as I disabled Defense+ this morning, Win Defender came on and, except for brief moments (milliseconds), has run since then (strangely, every 11 minutes to the half second). I’ll have to see how it goes over the course of the day, but it does raise the question whether or not the two are conflict. It’s not a problem I’m aware of encountering with Win 7. Thanks,
Follow up: a few minutes after the third time Win Defender shows as stopped, I opened it and found it off. I was able to restart it directly. This differs from everytime before I turned Defense+ off, when it wouldn’t restart without going into Services, and then only briefly (< 1-2 minutes).
Follow up 2: Looking in autoruns, I notice that there are two checked entries for Comodo Antivirus. Since I installed the firewall only, I assumed that the Antivirus wouldn’t be included. Is that not true, or does this just have to do with naming?
I would be very much appreciate it if you could report this in standard format. The format is here.
My inattention., which I’m in the process of fixing. I’m in the uninstall/reinstall/setup stage, but have run into a problem. I downloaded the green free version of Firewall and 20 minutes later discover that it’s version 6.0.26xx and no icon in the Sys Tray. The interface is completely unfamiliar and almost completely unintelligible to me. Moreover, I can’t access the site to double check that I got the correct version. What next - a complete uninstall again?
Version 6.0 is now the most up to date version.
Then why didn’t auto update, which was enabled, show it before? Plus, the compatibility instructions in the proper report format now appear to be out of date.
When I started the process of reporting a possible bug or problem, I didn’t expect to have to deal with what on the face of it appears to be a new program. Will take awhile to figure out.
I’m sorry that you’re caught in this situation. What happened was that version 6.0 was released for download, but it is not set to auto-update for another few weeks. Therefore, when you uninstalled version 5.12 the only one available for download was version 6.0.
At this point you may just want to get used to the new version and see if the bug you were about to report is even still there. I do agree that the new user interface is very different from the old one, and that parts of it are counter-intuitive, but I will also reassure you that once you get used to it it’s really not that bad. To help your transition please look over my article about How to Install Comodo Firewall.
Also, if you need any help, or have questions about anything, please start a new topic. That way we can help with your transition into the new version.
Thanks. I’ll await completion of the format, then move to format verified. Here is a FAQ on making security program work with CIS: Comodo Forum
If you have followed those steps and still cannot make it work, devs are likely to give higher priority to a fix, so may be worth trying them.
Given my newness to Version 6 - and I couldn’t find its advanced settings at the time - it struck me that it would be better first to completely clear out SAS Pro and Comodo and see if the Defender problem resolved itself. It didn’t. So I’ve posted the issue with screenshots at MS Answers and an exchange just started.
Win 8 with Windows Defender is a different beast vis a vis other security apps: according to articles, it doesn’t like them. I had assumed that if there were substantial incompatibilities (conflicts), the other companies would be screaming bloody ■■■■■■. However, since so many are “partners” with Microsoft, they’ve apparently felt very reluctant to do so and are speaking carefully. What I’m saying is that in theory there is very likely at least a partial conflict between Comodo and Win Defender by MS design, but because the latter isn’t working right on its own yet, I’m not in a position yet to follow though with this thread. If you want me to delete it, if that’s possible, I won’t object.
A question: I’ve used free Comodo Firewall. Is there a free version of CIS too? As I noted at the end of the initial post, for Firewall autoruns shows two entries for Antivirus already. What are they about? Thanks,
Yes there is a free version of CIS 6. You can download it from the Comodo website.
You’ve raised an interesting issue in the bug reports forums but unfortunately the devs are unlikely to be able to act on it unless you put it in the standard format
I realise that you are awaiting feedback from MS, but that may be a long wait, and in any case Windows Defender is so frequently encountered that the devs are likely to want to fix any conflicts.
Your issue is: here.
Many thanks in anticipation
I’m not sure what to do with this thread but delete it. The MS response, really from the MS MVP moderating it, is to reinstall or “refresh” Win 8 to deal with some errors being produced, including with Defender. That aside, the issue here is that MS intentionally set up Win Defender to disable itself entirely when another antivirus app is running and partially if something like Defense+ is. Really can’t fight that, so I decided for now to install CIS. One result of that is start up time is about 20 seconds faster.
Other other thing: Although I unchecked it during install, Dragon installed anyway. Uninstalling it, however, didn’t clear or disable the service. I’ve done the latter, but that does seem unusual. The uninstall was with Revo Pro.
Thanks for your patience,
P.S. I don’t see a PM (0 messages)