Windows 8.1 + Comodo Firewall causing BSOD on my fresh Win install

Hello,

Im trying to install Comodo Firewall on Windows 8.1 x64 fresh install. However once Comodo Firewall is installed it causes my Windows BSOD all the time.

Also I noticed all of my applications stops working when Comodo is installed, saying “windows cannot access the specified device path or file”. After this error like 1min later my computer BSOD with error 0xc0000021a

I dont know whats wrong with Comodo Firewall… All my applications starts working again when i uninstall it and BSOD is fixed too.

Please help. I was chatting with someone called Anthony but he didnt help me at all.

Hello,

Im trying to install Comodo Firewall on Windows 8.1 x64 fresh install. However once Comodo Firewall is installed it causes my Windows BSOD all the time.

Also I noticed all of my applications stops working when Comodo is installed, saying “windows cannot access the specified device path or file”. After this error like 1min later my computer BSOD with error 0xc0000021a

I dont know whats wrong with Comodo Firewall… All my applications starts working again when i uninstall it and BSOD is fixed too.

Please help. I was chatting with someone called Anthony but he didnt help me at all.

It seems I have the same problems on 2 of my brand new systems using the latest build of CIS with Windows 8.1 x64.

1 system is a $5K+ intel Xeon workstation w/ nvidia, the other an AMD home PC w/ onboard APU.

Both have had many formats, and several combinations of clean windows 8.1 x64 (pro and core) installs during troubleshooting, with and without different versions of vendor’s sound and video drivers, with and without windows updates, and no other software at all.

On the AMD system:

The first reboot after installation goes fine and all CIS components appear to be functioning properly, even for several hours under heavy use, but every subsequent reboot will result in BSOD 0x0000021a after exactly 60 seconds - I timed it 5 times in a row.

This does not occur if i deselect the firewall during installation, and the antivirus part seems to run fine.

1 strange thing I noticed is that during the 60-seconds after boot when i’m able to use the pc, I can not uninstall comodo firewall or the whole CIS, doing so randomly causes 1 of 3 errors with the uninstaller and some from comodo engine itsself, and can bring on the BSOD early sometimes too.

Its been about 2 months since I last bothered trying so I cant remember the names of the errors, but they are the common ones posted here somewhere in relation to uninstall errors.

On the intel xeon system:

Everything seems to run perfectly in general, but then I get random 0x0000021a errors, and they can be either hours, days or weeks apart, though I am able to sucessfully uninstall the firewall or all if CIS properly on this machine.

I noticed on the softpedia website - http://news.softpedia.com/news/Comodo-Antivirus-Gets-Windows-8-1-BSOD-Fixes-Free-Download-401168.shtml ,

that this latest build is supposed to fix the 0x0000021a errors, which is why I think its ironic that the last 2 builds of comodo firewall worked perfectly fine on windows 8.1 on these 2 pc’s, my laptop, and 4 friends laptops, all windows 8.1, and its only the new build that introduced these problems.

I also have a laptop running windows 7 - no problems there.

Please let me know if i can be of any assistance and provide more information.

I have a few spare hard drives so i’m willing to do 1 or more test installs if necessary

I would love to be able to use comodo again real soon because it’s undoubtedly superior, a personal opinion which is backed by several profesional independent internet security suite testing/comparison websites.