Windows 7 slow logoff because of Comodo

Hello

I’m using CIS on several instances of Windows 7, and it takes ages to logoff when CIS is active.

When I terminate CIS before logging off or shutting down, it takes just some seconds vs. between 90 and 180 seconds when CIS is active.

Firewall is on “custom” setting, and defense+ is on “paranoid”.

What can I do to keep these settings and speed up the logoff/shutdown ?

Does this bug report reflect the issues you’ve been experiencing?

PM sent.

Okay, for the time being I will move this bug report into the Non Format Issue Reports section. As soon as you are able to edit the report into the standard form please send me a PM and I can move it back.

Thank you.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (version 6.2.282872.2847)? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Also, note that all bug reports in the Non-Format section of the forum, which is where this report currently is, are not looked at by the devs. Thus, if the bug you were experiencing is still not fixed please edit your first post so that it is in the correct format (found here, with all required attachments, so I can forward this to the devs and get this problem fixed.

Thank you. PM sent.

ok, yes, the bug still persists.
I have a theory.
The same bug happens also on my netbook, and on the netbook I can hear comodo sound alerts after the “logging off” screen appeared, so I suppose some logoff/shutdown actions trigger comodo alerts which go unanswered because the logoff screen is up, therefore logoff hangs until comodo permission requests time out.

here is the bug report in the requested format - I hope that helps

A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
[ol]- Summary - Give a clear summary in the topic subject, NOT here.

• Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?: just need to activate comodo with paranoid mode for defense+, then logoff takes ages.
  • If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened: see above
  • If not obvious, what U expected to happen: quick logoff and shutdown if applicable
  • If a software compatibility problem have U tried the conflict FAQ?: no - should not be a compatibility problem
  • Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version: impossible to say, since the logoff screen hides the comodo alerts
  • Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc:I have a theory.
    The same bug happens also on my netbook, and on the netbook I can hear comodo sound alerts after the “logging off” screen appeared, so I suppose some logoff/shutdown actions trigger comodo alerts which go unanswered because the logoff screen is up, therefore logoff hangs until comodo permission requests time out.
  • Always attach - Diagnostics file, Watch Activity process list, dump if freeze/crash. (If complex - CIS logs & config, screenshots, video, zipped program - not m’ware) - please tell me which files I should attach and how I can find/generate them
    [/ol]

B. YOUR SETUP (Likely the same for each issue, so you can copy forward)
[ol]- Exact CIS version & configuration: version 6.2.282872.2847, firewall custom, defense+ paranoid

• Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV: firewall and defense+ with HIPS (enhanced mode, no rule creation for safe applications) and Autosandbox as limited application
  • Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.): not afaik
  • Have U updated (without uninstall) from a CIS 5?: no
    [li]if so, have U tried a a clean reinstall - if not please do?:
    [/li]- Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS: no
    [li]if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do:
    [/li]- OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used: Win 7 64 bits, UAC enabled, account of the admin group
  • Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS: a= AVAST b=
    [/ol]

Thank you. That report it very helpful. Can you please also add which security products have been installed on the computer, even if they have previously been removed? This is for B7b.

Also, I still need the diagnostic report and the Process list. To get the diagnostic report open CIS. Then click on the question mark near the upper right-hand corner of the screen, select support, and then click on diagnostics. When it asks if you want to create a diagnostics report say yes.

As for the process list, for this you need to go to the tasks window of CIS. Then go to the “Advanced Tasks” section and click on “Watch Activity”. If you have not already been here it will download KillSwitch to your computer. Once KillSwitch is started look at the upper-left corner of the screen and click on KillSwitch. Then select the option to “Save Current View”. Then, after that is created, put it in a zip file.

Then attach the zip files for both the diagnostics report and the process list to your formatted post.

Thank you very much and let me know if you have any questions.

Actually, is this bug report the same as what you are experiencing? If so then you can just add your information to that report and there is no need to continue working on this one.

I can confirm, Chiron, this was also an issue with v5.xx and Windows 7x64

Is this the same issue as has already been submitted or does this deserve its own bug report?

As this appears to be the same issue, and merging the two reports would make them very difficult to read, I will instead move this report to outdated.

@ manarak, if you do not believe that it is the same bug as the one which has already been reported and forwarded to the devs please send me a PM.

Thank you.