Windows 7 lockup

Hello,

Today, when I turned my computer, I started having a random lockup, programs stopped responding even Windows 7 (Ultimate 64 bits); this would happen 5-10 minutes after reboot, when different programas began to be used. It was not possible to open Task Manager or any other application. Ctrl + Alt + Del, also unresponsive.

Only solution was to hard reboot the computer. This behaviour happened three times today. I checked the Event Viewer, and under Windows Applications logs, I found this:

Faulting application name: cmdagent.exe, version: 5.3.45685.1236, time stamp: 0x4d348b32
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000397e3cc
Faulting process id: 0x428
Faulting application start time: 0x01cbd376b2904778
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cmdagent.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: a9c60807-3f6d-11e0-aef7-00241d26adab

I have the same entry right around the time when the computer stops responding.

It is the only entry regarding an Application error. Windows System logs report no problems or any indication that could lead me to a Windows issue.

I uninstalled CIS 5.3 and so far, no further lockups.

Despite the several quirks and weird behaviors from CIS (like sometimes cmdagent would block EVERYTHING on boot, and to solve it, I had to restart the interface from the taskbar icon), the software was working and my computer wouldn’t lock.

Now I’m running without any AV protection, and I would not like to stay this way much longer.

Any ideas what this behaviour could be? Any more reports?

Thank you

Please close this topic, refer to the following thread already started by other users:

https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cis/cmdagent-overflow-on-windows-7-t69850.0.html

Thank you,