Windows 7 Base Filtering Engine (BFE) Windows Service and Comodo Firewall

Hello,

I am wondering if Comodo Firewall are using or needs the Base Filtering Engine (BFE) Windows Service in Windows 7 to function properly?

I am aware of other Windows 7 security implications when disabling the Base Filtering Engine (BFE) Windows Service, so are just wondering about Comodo Firewall and the service.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Laurus

Hi and welcome Laurus12,
I am not to sure about the security implications with disabling this service with Comodo Firewall.
I will try to find out more from a staff member, if/when I do I will post back.

I suspect it is required because in Version 6 Beta the animations in the icon and widget disappear.
Kind regards.

Thank you very much for your reply Captain.

When I disable the service I get the message that it will severely degrade the security with Windows, because it is used for firewall management and so on. So I am wondering if this means Comodo Firewall and firewalls in general also, or just Windows Firewall.

Laurus

Any news about this? I Like disable the service… Im using COMODO FW 6

The BFE is needed for the traffic animation and widget in v6 and only for traffic animation in v5.x.

Thank you very much for your follow up Eric.

If I understand this correctly: By disabling BFE Service there are no security implications when it comes to Comodo’s Firewall performance regarding security itself.

Could you please confirm?

Thank you,
Laurus

It has no impact on the security performance of the firewall.

Thank you Eric