Windows 7 Action Center

Just installed the latest update to CIS 3.11.111344.557 and my Action Center is now complaining that I do not have an anti-virus program running.

Only happened since I installed the update. Tried to set AV to stateful and on access, same thing.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core™2 Duo CPU T9300 @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 2 Core(s)

I may be wrong, but I don’t think that can be fully integrated until the official release of W7.

PS Personal note: That’s an interesting way for me to discover that a new update of CIS is available. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Hi bulgroz,

Is the attached the same as you see on your system? This was taken using the latest CIS on Windows 7 RTM

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kail. Strange that it would work fine on a lower version. Integration should not be a problem. Also another way of finding out about updates is to let CIS check for updates… That’s how I find out about it…

I thought that I would try to uninstall and do a fresh install and found that:

1. Cannot export configuration. CIS displays message “Unable to obtain necessary rights, Please run this utility as Administrator and try again” when trying to save the config. I am sure that this was possible before. Work-around: Exit CIS and restart as Administrator.

2. The full version available from Comodo is not the latest: Version 3.11.108364.552 : 25th August, 2009.

Just thought I’d share my findings.

Cheers

Quill:

Here is a screenshot of my action Center:

Cheers

A CIS release at this time of day is unusual & that probably explains why everything else shows 3.11.108364.552. I think I’ve only ever seen one sub-version release before. It must be an bug fix, which might be related to Windows 7 (wild guess, I’ve no idea really). But, none the less, 3.11.111344.557 is now available.

Once Quill’s updated CIS (which he will soon I’m sure), we’ll see what impact it has on his W7 Action Center.

Does 6.1.7600 Build 7600 = RTM btw?

Automatic updates? I habitually never allow anything (other than virus definitions) to update automatically. :slight_smile:

I did an in-place upgrade also and have seen the same after the reboot.
Win7 RTM Enterprise x32
It complains about AV and FW and Spyware being off.

Melih wrote somewhere they where going to release a bug-fix soon so this could be it…

Apologies, I didn’t notice the build number and I’ve not received any notifications of an update. Also when I check for updates it says none are available, curious…

I’ll check again in a while.

Kail,

Yes w7 6.1.7600 is RTM.

CIS informs you of new updates, you can choose to install or not. I am like you and only let virus defs automatically update.

Cheers

Ah… Egemen is now on-line, we’ll soon find out what this is about.

I can confirm that CIS, with this update, is no longer recognised by Windows 7. For me it’s all modules.

I have reverted to the previous revision and the action center indicates all OK.
I also have tested on another machine running W7 and none of the Comodo modules are recognised.

A later update takes you back to 552 and fixes the problem. Guess we have to wait until the new update is fixed.

I have the same problem with Windows Vista Home Premium.
I just downloaded the latest Comodo update (an hour ago), and after the reboot, Windows complains of not having any Anti-virus software in the system, complete with the red-shield-with-white-cross in the tray-area.

What’s up???

If anyone knows the solution, I would appreciate it.

(Windows Vista in Dutch version…)

Hi viper,

Check for updates again, it should downgrade to version 3.11.x.552.
En dan moet het wel werken :wink:

Thanks Ronny!!
That really did the trick!

I payed extra attention to the versions, and it seems I first upgraded to 3.11.111344.557, which was the “wrong” one. Now, I “upgraded” to 3.11.108364.552, which is rather a “downgrade”, isn’t it? (given the numbers)
I’m not complaining, don’t get me wrong…

(maar ik snap er dus gewoon ff geen ene reet meer van :wink:

Even stranger: this “previous” (wrong) version doesn’t even exist on the history-list on the website.

I guess some developer at Comodo got a little excited and released a version that shouldn’t be released yet? But… it doesn’t even matter anymore, everything works as a charme again.
(Just a little bit of professional curiousity I guess, as a developer myself…)

Ronny, thanks again!

Well those tend to always be a bit behind, release-notes are first posted on the forums.
First thing to check :wink: