Windows 7 Action Center alerts that Comodo Firewall is disabled

Regarding the Security Center issue, some additional info (on Windows 7):

If Security Center does recognize CIS FW up and running after Windows start then Security Center still does recognize CIS FW up and running after stopping and starting the Security Center service (wscsvc).

The opposite is also true:

If Security Center does NOT recognize CIS FW up and running after Windows start then Security Center still does NOT recognize CIS FW up and running after stopping and starting the Security Center service (wscsvc).

Is there a way to manually enforce Security Center to check if CIS FW is up and running?
Or reverse, is there a way to manually enforce CIS FW to report its status to Security Center?

I have split and your posts and it replies to a separate topic in the Help section. This is a longstanding known and at times annoying problem which is more than likely unrelated to updating to the latest version.

Best thing is to reset the security center and reboot the PC as f.e. described here:

or this classical one Reset Windows Security Center - Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, and Privacy Software

Another useful mitigation is to set the Security Center service to delayed start up.

The installation of Windows 7 did set it to delayed start already, so not a solution to solve the issue on Windows 7.

There must be some way to enforce the status report either by CIS FW or by Security Center, if we know that we can fix the issue ourselves.

It should not be necessary to do this on a clean Windows installation.
My AV is always recognized by Windows so should CIS.

Today it happened again when the PC was turned on. In my opinion it is necessary to speed up the recognition of the Windows security system of the presence of CIS (with Avast it happens in a few seconds after turning on the PC).

I’ve stopped paying attention to the red dot with white cross on the white flag of the Security Center systray icon telling me that CIS isn’t recognized .

But it bothers and should be solved. Like having a car with the oil warning light on even if the oil is at a good level. The mechanic solves the problem because it is still a malfunction. :smiley: :wink:

The “mechanic” for repairing such a powerful antivirus suit is not in the power of the users >:-D >:-D.

I've stopped paying attention to the red dot with white cross on the white flag of the Security Center systray icon telling me that CIS isn't recognized .
Hi NDABBRU & CISfan,

The backend team is working on it, and we will reach you through private message to get required information and logs.

Hi C.O.M.O.D.O RT,

I’ve just rebooted my system three times in a row. After each boot and log on to Windows desktop I didn’t touch my mouse and keyboard anymore and I just let Windows idle and I waited for Windows to show all tray icons including the Security Center white flag tray icon.
As I mentioned I did this three times, after the first two reboots Security Center did recognize CIS but after the third reboot it didn’t anymore (see attached screenshot).
I have no clue how to reproduce this behavior as it seems to happen randomly.

Hi COMODO RT,

It also happens by chance to me and it is not easy to do what is requested in the private message even though I know it is useful for analysis. Today, at the first start, the notification of the Windows security system appeared and after about 15 minutes from starting the CIS PC it was still not recognized. After restarting the PC it never did, but the “C” icon was black. After the third reboot everything is ok. This on a Windows 10 PC.

It also happens by chance to me and it is not easy to do what is requested in the private message
If you like, PM me what the instructions are and Ill tell you how step by step, click by click. If not interested, its all good :)

Regarding the “windows security center didn’t recognized CIS” issue…

After many and more reboots (I must be nuts)…

And after Windows desktop has finished loading all systray icons including the white flag Security Center systray icon (which in my case always appears last after about 3 minutes)…

Here is the solution (tested on Windows 7) to manually force CIS to report FW status to Security Center to make that infamous red dot white cross symbol on the white flag of the Security Center systray icon go away:

• Right click on CIS tray icon
  • Go to Firewall
  • Click on the active Firewall setting (yes, the active one, the one with the check mark in front, sounds very silly but it works)

Apparently this forces CIS to report its FW status to Security Center and to get rid of that red dot white cross symbol.

I hope the Comdoo devs can take advantage of my findings to implement a proper fix in the next CIS release…

We hope it will be resolved as soon as possible, perhaps in the next version.
It is a bug that was also present in previous versions.

Hi COMODO RT,

It also happens by chance to me and it is not easy to do what is requested in the private message even though I know it is useful for analysis. Today, at the first start, the notification of the Windows security system appeared and after about 15 minutes from starting the CIS PC it was still not recognized. After restarting the PC it never did, but the “C” icon was black. After the third reboot everything is ok. This on a Windows 10 PC.

Hi CISfan & NDABBRU,

kindly collect log when the windows action center shows that it didn’t recognize cis, and share us the collected log via PM.

@NDABBRU, Kindly share us the screenshot of the windows security system didn’t recognize the cis along with the CIS About tab.

Just had Security Center not recognizing CIS again.

I applied my trick that I’ve posted in Reply #451 and problem solved, a neat white flag icon is showing in systray now.

Here a short video (see attachment) of applying my trick to have Security Center recognize CIS.
It always works for me on Windows 7.

Hello COMODO RT,
I sent via PM everything you asked me to analyze and solve the problem, which I hope will be solved soon, perhaps already in the new version of CIS.

In my opinion, in brief, the Windows security system recognizes it very slowly CIS, after a few minutes, so if you exceed it a few times even by 1 or 2 minutes you will receive the notification of the windows security system.
So the solution could be to speed up the recognition of CIS by the windows security system when starting the PC. For example, on the same PC I had Avast Free which was recognized by the windows security system in a few seconds and this problem never occurred.

In general, I believe that the use of CIS resources should be optimized both during PC startup and also during real-time and / or manual scans.

Improve CIS on these small aspects and implement web protection so CIS will become the best security software, which obviously already is, but with these small bugs it is abandoned by many users who choose other free or paid solutions that do not have these small bugs.

Thanks and good job. :slight_smile: :-TU

Recognition time is not so important, important is recognition.

Stop spamming the release topic on this issue when there was already a topic about it. It really is such a non-issue as it doesn’t matter what Windows states as long as CIS itself reports no problems it will be fine.