Win8 x64 installshield setup.exe file does not start

I have installed Win8 Pro x64 from scratch, New HDD.

When I run %windir%\SysWOW64\InstallShield\setup.exe alone,
The error dialog appears. THIS IS NORMAL.
BUT, when I install CPF 5.12.256249.2599 free version, the error above does not appear.
And when I see all of task by ‘Process Explorer’, setup.exe still exists and CPU usage is 0.
Next, I uninstall CPF, the error message appears again. THIS IS ALSO NORMAL.
Please tell me why and how to solve.
Owing to this problem, I cannot use CPF or I cannot install some software using older installshild installer.
Please help.

I only have ONE question:

What is the error dialogue? Why are you complaining about something that is normal?

Dear WxMan1,

Okay, I answer your TWO questions.

First, here is Error dialog. see attached below.
This error dialog shows the proof that setup.exe is executed normaly.
When push OK button on this dialog, setup.exe terminates normaly.
But with CPF installed, there is no dialog appears at all
and setup.exe task remains forever.

Second, I do not complain about NORMAL situation.

All I want to do is use some software with ‘Old InstallShield installer’
normaly WITH CPF installed.

My situation now is no cpf installed because I cannot install some software
with old InstallShield installer although support Win8.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Please make sure that %windir%\SysWOW64\InstallShield\setup.exe has the Installer/Updater policy in D+.

Dear EricJH,
Yes, I set this file as Installer/Updater in D+, but this problem still remains, no changes at all.

Next thing to try is to add setup.exe to the Exclusions of Detect shellcode injections (i.e. Buffer overflow protection).

When that does not help can post a screenshot of the Defense + logs (View Defense + Events) to see if they learn us something.

Can you also check the Windows logs to see if it logs errors or warning regarding setup.exe? The logs can be found here: Control Panel → Administrative Tools → Event Viewer → Windows logs. Now check entries under System and Setup to see if they warn for setup.exe.

Dear EricJH,

Unfortunately, no affected the all things you suggested at all.

First, I set exclusions of Detect shellcode injections for setup.exe, _setup.dll, and _isdel.exe
which is all same folder located. But nothing changed.
Next, I look for the log trace of related setup.exe from D+ Event and Windows Event Viewer.
Nothing was found.

Can you repro this? Do you have any Win8 x64 installed PC?
Perhaps it will be repro on Win7 x64.

I’m not clear how that’s being invoked. Do you run setup.exe? Or something else that invokes it?

The error dialogue you posted references setup.LID, and the error message pertains to unknown language.

Yes, I ran setup.exe directly.
The important thing is only ONE. IF DIALOG APPEARS OR NOT WITH CPF.
Have you run setup.exe? And the dialog came up on x64 Win8?